Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to check voltage at MAF question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to check voltage at MAF question

I'm popping P0102. The engine sensor fuse is not blown and I used autotap and got 0 for MAF raw input frequency and a fixed 0.33lb/min regardless of throttle position or rpms. So, I'm guessing the MAF is busted or the wiring is messed up. There is an extension on the MAF wires. I check the connectors at the MAF end and they are nice and snug. I put a DMM on the connector at the MAF end and got a 13.45V for the pink wire port to the black wire port on the connector so that sounds about par for what i've read. However, I didnt' get any reading for the yellow wire which I believe is supposed to be 5V or less. I did these tests with the connector disconnected from the MAF is this correct? Or is the 5V from the yellow wire only when it's connected to the MAF (ie this signal is generated by the MAF TO the PCM)?

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

P0102
Old 04-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help. I figured it out. checked the voltage on the yellow wire with the car running and it was 0V yesterday. Today with the ign on it was ~5V. The harness has been extended for the STS kit and one of the butt connectors loosened up on the yellow wire. put a new one on and now problem is solved.