Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of wiring questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A couple of wiring questions...

In the middle of a wiring mess, and have a couple questions.

On a 2000 f body ecu....red plug pin #30 is "Anti-theft fuel enable". To bypass this, do I need to set the #30 pin directly to ground, or positive voltage..or??

Blue Plug # 46 is "Tank Pressure 5-volt reference"
Blue Plug # 23 is "Tank Pressure sensor ground"
Red Plug # 64 is "Tank Pressure sensor signal"

Using the above 3 wires, how can I send a "fake" signal back to the ecu? I need to keep this circuit active for emissions testing-related issues on a swap that I'm in the middle of.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

C'mon....nobody?? I thought SOMEONE would have chimed in for sure by now.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure on the fuel enable, but you can try either high or low and see what happens...

For the tank pressure, you will most likely need to use a voltage drop from the 5v reference to keep it happy, sending it down the signal wire is my guess. It needs to be in a particular range obviously, so you'd need to try varying resistance values. The easiest way to do that would be to use a potentiometer and dial it around to see if you can keep it from throwing a code. Then measure that resistance value and get the appropriate value of resistor and hard wire it in, in place of the pot.

I am just guessing here and shooting from the hip. Hopefully someone else can chime in here and give you better info.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RoDan
Not sure on the fuel enable, but you can try either high or low and see what happens...

For the tank pressure, you will most likely need to use a voltage drop from the 5v reference to keep it happy, sending it down the signal wire is my guess. It needs to be in a particular range obviously, so you'd need to try varying resistance values. The easiest way to do that would be to use a potentiometer and dial it around to see if you can keep it from throwing a code. Then measure that resistance value and get the appropriate value of resistor and hard wire it in, in place of the pot.

I am just guessing here and shooting from the hip. Hopefully someone else can chime in here and give you better info.
okay....so maybe not worry about the sensor ground (probably not needed when using a resistor)...and maybe measure the resistance that the sensor in the car (currently has running v6) puts out then? Do you think that the resistance ranges between the v6 style sensors vs the ls1 style sensors are the same?

Thanks for the reply
Old 04-24-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Could be? Guess the best way to find out would be to try it out and see. Good luck!