32k for new v6 camaro here in houston!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 32k for new v6 camaro here in houston!

No thanks. Not only is it a v6 which I would not be interested in but at 32,000 for that car I would feel violated! I can pick up a NEW Shelby Cobra for around 37k right now, upgrade the supercharger to the KB 2.8 for another 6k and have 750rwhp. That would be a grand total of approx. 43,000! I have the pricing schedule provided by GM here with me so the 1LT should be MSRP for approx 23,880 before the $720 sunroof leaving it at $24,600. I wouldn't mind getting one at what you would pay being that it was a 2SS. So when you and your managers decide to stop screwing everyone around and you want to sell me one at the employee price of 30,738.45 + extras, let me know. Until then, I will head over to Norman Frede who are at least selling them at MSRP, not marking them up. Sorry to waste your time, thanks for wasting mine.Please, there is no need to respond. Randy S

--- On Mon, 4/27/09, Bryan Hardman <bhardman@monumentchevrolet.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: 2010 Camaro Has Arrived
To: rlsmithz28@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, April 27, 2009, 3:42 PM

thanks for the email. This particular car is 1LT, Automatic, 19" polished Aluminum wheels, Sunroof. This particular car is $5000 over MSRP or $32,945. Thanks, Bryan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:28 PM
To: Bryan Hardman
Subject: Re: 2010 Camaro Has Arrived

How much is Monument marking up the MSRP on the new Camaro?

--- On Mon, 4/27/09, Bryan Hardman <bhardman@monumentchevrolet.com> wrote:

Subject: 2010 Camaro Has Arrived
To: rlsmithz28@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, April 27, 2009, 3:17 PM

Dear Randy,

A black 2010 Camaro has arrived. This is the only one we currently have available for sale.

Please contact me for further information.

Sincerely,

Bryan Hardman
General Sales Manager
direct: (713)-580-1600

cc:Johnny Gibbs
cc:Carroll Smith

This email was sent by:Monument Chevrolet
3940 Pasadena Freeway Pasadena, TX,77503,USA
Old 04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Randy_S
No thanks. Not only is it a v6 which I would not be interested in but at 32,000 for that car I would feel violated!
Good for you, should have emailed him this thread link as a wake up call to what the real community thinks, clueless operation, just add them to the list of future failed dealerships if they keep this up.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Wait 8-12 months.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

chevy=going down at an awsome pace!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sad thing is that somebody will pay the $5K, anyway, so the salesguy couldn't probably care less about your comments.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Sad thing is that somebody will pay the $5K, anyway, so the salesguy couldn't probably care less about your comments.
Yep. There's a sucker born every minute. And you know dealers are riding on the upcoming Transformers II movie release to get another boost in popularity of the car.

Give it a awhile for all the hype to die down. That, or call a different dealership. I guarantee some will work with you given the state of things.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

What's up with the roll-eyes? You a salesman or something? You agree with this bullshit during GM's demise?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by -Ross-
What's up with the roll-eyes? You a salesman or something? You agree with this bullshit during GM's demise?
I took that more as him rolling his eyes at jackass salespeople and dealer markups, not at the people who might be interested in buying the car.

-Mike
Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
01z
TECH Regular

Wait 8-12 months.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You know, it's funny that no matter what - people complain.

If GM had timed this to coincide with Transformers, they'd have sold an assload of these cars. Then maybe GM wouldn't be in quite such bad shape. If they can do a piece of that with Trans2, good for them! If GM had figured out to market like this years ago, we wouldn't have had to do without the f-body for 7 years. I won't be in that number, but if Chevy can sell at a premium, good for them. That puts them that much closer to maintaining our favorite marque at Chevy! Guess what? Keeping costs down (reasonably) keeps profit high, and therefore profitable models stay in production. If profits have to be cut, higher margin models can still remain viable. Fact is, the new Camaro is porky, but it's a world class competitive car in its class. Comfort, quality, MPG, power! Probably too little, too late, but kudos nonetheless. This is only one of GM's many problems over the years, but it's a big one.

If you're not willing to pony up for the premium, just be quiet. There is always a price for being first on the block. They probably don't care about your bitching. If they're prone to care, they won't be receptive to your tone. If you really want to make a point -- tell them nicely, after you already bought from Frede (props to them for MSRP), that will have a lot more impact than some hot air in an email. Most people that spend time doing that aren't usually buyers anyway. If you actually do buy one somewhere else, drive it on by and show them...if they're still in business by then - GM's cutting almost half their dealers.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Ok and when they are in bankruptcy about to close their doors , and they cant give this new crap away ,what then,,, gm has worked their way right into a door closing decision by screwing the consumer when they should be kissing our ***!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jmilz28
If you're not willing to pony up for the premium, just be quiet.
These dealer markups are turning a lot of potential buyers off. This results in a loss of total sales for GM which in turn screws not only GM, but it also screws the dealers themselves in the long run. This is not the time to be marking vehicles up over MSRP and if GM was smart, they'd make the dealers stop this crap.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

If GM had timed this to coincide with Transformers, they'd have sold an assload of these cars. Then maybe GM wouldn't be in quite such bad shape. If they can do a piece of that with Trans2, good for them! If GM had figured out to market like this years ago, we wouldn't have had to do without the f-body for 7 years. I won't be in that number, but if Chevy can sell at a premium, good for them. That puts them that much closer to maintaining our favorite marque at Chevy! Guess what? Keeping costs down (reasonably) keeps profit high, and therefore profitable models stay in production. If profits have to be cut, higher margin models can still remain viable. Fact is, the new Camaro is porky, but it's a world class competitive car in its class. Comfort, quality, MPG, power! Probably too little, too late, but kudos nonetheless. This is only one of GM's many problems over the years, but it's a big one.

If you're not willing to pony up for the premium, just be quiet. There is always a price for being first on the block. They probably don't care about your bitching. If they're prone to care, they won't be receptive to your tone. If you really want to make a point -- tell them nicely, after you already bought from Frede (props to them for MSRP), that will have a lot more impact than some hot air in an email. Most people that spend time doing that aren't usually buyers anyway. If you actually do buy one somewhere else, drive it on by and show them...if they're still in business by then - GM's cutting almost half their dealers.
Chevy doesn't get that markup. That's all dealer. Cars are sold to the dealers at a flat rate. So dealer markups do nothing to help GM. In fact, it hurts them because they will sell less cars.

Incidentally, the "S" in MSRP means "suggested". Thus, in a competitive marketplace, dealers can charge what people will pay. Sad, but true. They're not required to sell you squat at or below a "suggested" retail price. That's why it's nice to have competing dealers. And that's why dealers are still charging $140K+ for a Corvette ZR1.

Last edited by CySevans; 04-27-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jeez... Time for a chill pill.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

Jeez... Time for a chill pill.
I don't think that he was calling you out, just asking where you stand on the subject.

Surprisingly enough, he hasn't responded.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't think that he was calling you out, just asking where you stand on the subject.
Yeah. I was only asking. Sorry if I came off harsh.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

If you're not willing to pony up for the premium, just be quiet. There is always a price for being first on the block. They probably don't care about your bitching.

So let me get this right so we understand one another:

You feel that since GM has already accepted over 15 Billion dollars in US taypayer "bailout" money and cut thousands of jobs, we shouldn't bitch and complain about dealer markups becuase the folks at the offending dealerships practicing this may or may not care?

Hmmm.... I have a better idea. I think we've been quiet long enough.

These clown dealerships pulling this dumbass stunt should be the first to be shutdown when nut-cutting time comes.

I will vote as I always do- with my wallet.

But don't you dare suggest to me that I or we should be quiet if we don't like what we see.

Saying that "no matter what people complain" is not a justification that's going to fly in this case if your defending the clowns at the dealership.

What business does a dealelership have running off any potential business off considering the current situation and economy? The correct answer is NONE.

Get it?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CAM 00SS
So let me get this right so we understand one another:

You feel that since GM has already accepted over 15 Billion dollars in US taypayer "bailout" money and cut thousands of jobs, we shouldn't bitch and complain about dealer markups becuase the folks at the offending dealerships practicing this may or may not care?

Hmmm.... I have a better idea. I think we've been quiet long enough.

These clown dealerships pulling this dumbass stunt should be the first to be shutdown when nut-cutting time comes.

I will vote as I always do- with my wallet.

But don't you dare suggest to me that I or we should be quiet if we don't like what we see.

Saying that "no matter what people complain" is not a justification that's going to fly in this case if your defending the clowns at the dealership.

What business does a dealelership have running off any potential business off considering the current situation and economy? The correct answer is NONE.

Get it?
Well said.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Well said.
you plan on getting a 2ss/rs or just a 1ss?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

I knew they would screw this up

Last edited by Robert@G-Force; 04-28-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: 32k for new v6 camaro here in houston!