Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound system finally done in my 96ws6

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sound system finally done in my 96ws6... but one issue!

2 sets of Powerbass 3XL-60Cs [4 woofers and 4 tweeters] (wired crossovers and components in the back seats and doors) and a set of L-4002 Coaxials in the trunk. had to bypass the stock amp which is located in the passenger side sail panel.

The sub is a simple Powerbass S-10 10" in the left side of the trunk in that special made box for that hole . Powering that is a Kicker ZX400.1 AMP which is mounted where the spare tire should be.

Everything is hidden so you can't see it with the trunk closed and that little tray thing hiding the trunk contents

Overall I love it. Powerbass speakers never fail. I wish I could amp the speakers but I have no idea where I could put the amp. The treble is amazing and the sub hits pretty good, its not obnoxious. I was going to try to fit a 2XL-10D powerbass sub but the magnet was WAY too big. haha.

I am having one issue with the sound system now though.

I have an Alpine CDA-9847 as a head unit... Songs with some heavy bass will cause the head unit to pretty much reboot. Shuts off then a second later comes back on. What is the cause of this? I read somewhere that there is a bad ground for the head unit??

Last edited by ThoR294; 04-28-2009 at 01:43 AM.