Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck VS fbody ECM on a 6.0 harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default truck VS fbody ECM on a 6.0 harness

i'm a carb guy getting ready to take a crash course in the FI world so forgive me if i have basic questions.
what i have is an '02, 2WD, LQ4 pull out for a swap that i want to use the stock harness on.

which way is the better way to tune this deal, we were thinking of having the stock truck ECM burned to an F-body VIN for available tuning system reasons.
BUT i didn't really want to have to repin anything on the plugs, so what am i going to run in to on this deal?
are there functions that require pin relocations between the car and truck ECMs, or can we just burn it and go?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfirebird
i'm a carb guy getting ready to take a crash course in the FI world so forgive me if i have basic questions.
what i have is an '02, 2WD, LQ4 pull out for a swap that i want to use the stock harness on.

which way is the better way to tune this deal, we were thinking of having the stock truck ECM burned to an F-body VIN for available tuning system reasons.
BUT i didn't really want to have to repin anything on the plugs, so what am i going to run in to on this deal?
are there functions that require pin relocations between the car and truck ECMs, or can we just burn it and go?
is it a 12200411 PCM?
Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

yes it is.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

There are a few things differant on the truck harness for that PCM, then there is for an F-body. If you need the pin outs, email me
Old 05-04-2009, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Need Pinout Info also

I have the same situation. I used a truck harness/fuseblock and the 0411 computer (with the theft turned off) to get my 66 GTO running. Where I plan to place the computer will require that I lengthen a number of wires going to the PCM. At the time I permanently mount the computer, I plan to reflash another 0411 computer I have to a 2000/2001 LS1 Camaro and knew I was going to have to change the pinouts (truck harness was for an auto trans - I now have a 6 speed behind the motor and want reverse lockout). I started the research months ago, and think I have most (if not all) of the information, but if you would send the pinout info to me this would save a lot of time in the conversion process (I'll use your info to validate my prior research). Thanks again. Ricky
Old 05-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not trying to jack a thread but I also have an lq9 harness or thats what its supposed to be, same ecu as you guys mentioned. how can i tell which harness it is, or can I just use fbody pin outs to do my wireing.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Juicemonkey
not trying to jack a thread but I also have an lq9 harness or thats what its supposed to be, same ecu as you guys mentioned. how can i tell which harness it is, or can I just use fbody pin outs to do my wireing.
The easiest way to tell the differance in the harnesses is truck harnesses have smaller injector connectors

Quick Reply: truck VS fbody ECM on a 6.0 harness