General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wehre can I find the connectors for the power seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wehre can I find the connectors for the power seats?

My seats were not working, so after hours of working to get them out, I found the problem.

The plug that connects the main body harness to the power seat harness was corroded and the wires were broken out of it.

It's a white clip with two wires going in each side. I need both sides.

Any ideas? I know I can probably clean it up and disassemble it and save it, but I'd rather just buy a new one and splice it in.

Can anyone send me in the right direction?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheapest way is a junk yard.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Launching!

my camaro didnt originally have power seats and i upgraded to 02 SS leather seats with power tracks all i did was run a ground (the black wire) to a ground and the orange wire (i think thats what color it was it may have been yellow) that connects to the seat and run a jumper hot wire to the back side of the radio ignition wire. i could have hooked it up to the fuse box but i dont have a cover labeling what is what so i jut did this. you can run a jumper to a lot of power sources that come on when ur ignition is on. (i dont recommend hooking it up to things like the starter or fuel pump etc.... imo the simplest thhing todo is hook it up behing the radio. if u dont no which wire is the ignition wire pm mr or ask me here and i will look again on my car and tell you exactly what to butt splice into. just let me no. good luck.

EDIT: reread ur post why dont u just hard wire the wires togetherand delete the plug. if the wire is in too bad of condition read above.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Check out the connectors in this catalog: http://delphi.com/pdf/contact/brochu...balCatalog.pdf (I'd check out the metri-pack connectors first.) Once you find the connector, you can probably get a pre-assembled pigtail from NAPA. (GM dealers will also be able to get them, but you will pay more, wait longer, and may have issues finding the part number.)
Old 05-05-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

wssix99, thanks!

antsls1, I guess I could hard wire it, but I'd rather do it back the way it should be. Of course, the car is far from stock, so why shoudl it matter.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Even Better - Check this out!

http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/pi/wiring-connectors/

Quick Reply: Wehre can I find the connectors for the power seats?