Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Question and sticky clutch pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick Master Question and sticky clutch pedal?

I am experiencing the same old sticky clutch pedal issues and have thought about the Tick master.

The car has brand new hydrolics and a ls7 clutch kit with less than 3K miles.

I understand how the hydrolic system works. A sticky clutch pedal indicates that the clutch is not disengaging fully. The master cyl. provides the fluid force that disengages the clutch via the slave. The master's effectiveness is proportional to the amount of Fluid it displaces.

So, from what I understand, the TICK master's advantage is that it displaces more fluid than the master.

Q#1) Exactly how much more fluid does the tick master displace than the stocker?

Q#2) Does the adjustability have anything to do with the amount of fluid displaced?

Finally, I understand that my LS7 clutch is underpowered for a 550rwhp 3600lb car. However, I don't understand how an underpowered clutch would cause disengagment issues. I thought an underpowered clutch would just slip or wear faster.

Q#3) Assuming the hydrolics are ok, can an underpowered clutch cause disengagement issues? If yes, then how so?

Thanks guys. I am not in a financial position to swing a new clutch right now, but could probably splurge on the Tick master.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All very good questions.

#1) A bunch. There is not a clutch setup available that the Tick can't be adjusted to fully disengage.

#2) What you're adjusting with our kit IS the amount of fluid the system flows. When you adjust the pedal outward, you're actually increasing the amount of fluid that your hydraulic system flows. Some clutches require more fluid than others - our kit is adjustable, meaning it'll work with all of them.

#3) An underpowered clutch is going to slip. Slipping generates heat. Heating your hydraulic fluid to the point of boiling will prevent it from working as it should.

Quick Reply: Tick Master Question and sticky clutch pedal?