Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the best place to plumb nozzle on airlid ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where is the best place to plumb nozzle on airlid ?

I am installing a dry kit on my car tonight and am not going over a 100 shot , im starting out on a 75 shot since im new to the NOS game and im currently running TR55 plugs gapped at 55 should i be ok with this small of a shot without going colder plugs. Please post pics on where your jets are mounted . I wanted to mount it right before the MAF in between it and the IAT sensor, thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would switch out the plugs even on that small a shot. I did however run a bottle of a 75 dry shot through on stock plugs. I did with no problems luckily (i feel like i dodged a bullet). I have switched the plugs to NGK tr6 I would if I was you it is alot safer and just one less thing to worry about. If you weigh the odds : time to change plugs and cost or blown motor take your pick. I know which one I would choose.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry but to answer your nozzle question. Your kit should have come with some sort of diagram as to where to put it. I think that the closer to the maf you place it the richer the reading will be and visa versa. I wouldn't place it to incredibly close to the IAT that thing is sensitive and it might mess it up. I don't have a pic but I put my nozzle 2 and 1/4 inches from the end of my lid. Hope this helps.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Y2KblueZ-28
I am installing a dry kit on my car tonight and am not going over a 100 shot , im starting out on a 75 shot since im new to the NOS game and im currently running TR55 plugs gapped at 55 should i be ok with this small of a shot without going colder plugs. Please post pics on where your jets are mounted . I wanted to mount it right before the MAF in between it and the IAT sensor, thanks
We have found the ideal spot to be right at the arc making the transition from square filter shape into the circular maf throat. Make sure its at the proper angle to aim it at the wires. Without a doubt you'll need to spend some time playing with the nozzle to get the a/f dialed in properly. 100% get rid of those plugs.

Nick
Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

im running a 175 dry shot and two nos lines one on each side of my air box up towards the center.,im getting it tuned with hp tunners for that much nos.the guy that did the install said thats the safest place for it.