Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Going TT@12psi, questions about engine build

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Going TT@12psi, questions about engine build

Alright, we'll I've finally decided what route I'm taking with the car. I am going to try my luck with the APS TT setup. I know they've had their problems in the past with fitment but the quality you get out of their systems is second to none, so we'll see how it goes.

Now, the goals for the car are going to be 10's. I would like to do it on a stock CI motor. Here's my plans, let me know if there are any problems that you guys foresee.

Stock 346 block
Stock Crank
Eagle H-Beam Rods
Diamond -2cc Pistons
ARP rod bolts
ARP head and main studs
Ported LS6 stage 1 PRC heads
Undecided on cam yet... Maybe EPP FI cam or GT-7 from Lingenfelter
Weiand Polished Aluminum intake. I like the one piece intakes better than the 3 piece FAST's when boosting. Just personal preference.

Obviously the supporting fuel system mods, clutch, etc...

Anyways, do you guys think that the shortblock/longblock will be good for around 12 or so psi and 600RWHP?

What CR should I be looking at running. Stock gaskets what head cc?

Thanks
Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Forged up engine will be fine at 600rwhp. Cranks are pretty darn strong. My builder said 9.5 if going to run alc/meth injection. 9 if not for pump premium . I went with 9.5. Just keeping timing down until get the alc injection kit on the car.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 600whp you don't even need ported heads but if you are going to spend some $$ on some I would go with stock l92 heads over the stage 1 ls6 heads. I would also run a ls6 intake over the weiand due to head soak. But if you want the polished intake what can you do.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

Cool, thanks guys.

Yeah, I know the stock block and crank are good to about 1000. The rods/pistons/rings/rod bolts are the weak links. I just plan on running this thing on pump gas so I'll probably try to stick around the 9 mark.

Yeah, I have an LS6 intake right now but I like the polished look of the weiand so I'll probably sell mine and go that route.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Going TT@12psi, questions about engine build