Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Is there any way to lose/stay same boost going with a smaller pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any way to lose/stay same boost going with a smaller pulley?

Ok Got a weird issue I have a 8inch crank pulleys had a 4.75 on F1C Gave me around 13 psi at 6k

Just installed a 4.5 pulley. feels like more power i added little more fuel. But i think my boost stayed close to the same I cant get a clear boost reading. The tires keep spinning need warmer weather.

Is there anyways other then belt slip i could lose boost?
Valve float ? air filter just not cutting it ?
Im using this filter mounted right on Procharger http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C68
Old 05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that it matters too much,what kind of car is it? Is it a 6 or 8 rib setup? Yes, a filter can be a restriction and limit boost, it may be worth a try to just take the filter off and see what it does, but if you are having a troublesome time getting traction as is, its most likely a moot point. Get some traction conditions and see where its at on the boost. If you do take the filter off, keep a close eye on the A/F too.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a 06 GTO 6speed ls2 with kooks 1 7/8 long tubes no cats dual 3inch back to spintec muffles. inter cooled 8 rib F1C with a alkycontrol alcohol injection flowing meth in like crazy

im still working on trac issues i did little cutting and wider tires. now working on more cutting and moving weight to back and off the front. I can still put full power down in 4th so i wanted a little more hp so i feel 4th gear is just at the limit

Im watch the A/f like crazy im at about 10.8 A/F now steady but one dip at 2.7k where i hit 10 for like 300 rpms still working on the tune

I wanted to take the filter off but im very worried about sucking something in ?
I was also thinking new rockers with a higher lift for little more air flow in?

Last edited by BigRich954RR; 05-17-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:19 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With your rear tires spinning you won't be able to see if you are making more boost.
The easiest and safest way to see what is going on is to get your car on a loaded (eddy current) type of chassis dyno. Once on the dyno you can make modifications and actually see what they do for performance much easier. Bob