Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad lpp header virbration please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad lpp header virbration please help

So i have a bad vibration coming from the driver side i have had my headers on for about 1 month and it has been getin worse i cant firgure out were it is coming from i put on the bump stop that came with the headers and that stoped the y pipe from hiting the floor but it sounds like the header is hiting somthing i thought it may be the cross member so i took off the header and grinded it down so i dont think its hiting that. i heard people say that poly mounts will help and im not sure how? it looks like the header is hiting the motor mount on the cross http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/..._id=1761member i was wondering if these would help
along with poly mounts? anyone who was had this problem please help its driving me crazy also its only hits when im in drive or reverse not in park and its real bad when i let off the gas. my car 02 ws6 a4 thanks for any help you can give.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

are you cammed?

my lpp's vibe badly with my cam, and did slightly when stock.

if you used the y pipe bracket that came with the ORY then thats where your vibration is. its being transmitted through the y pipe and into the floor. if you remove that it will most likely go away. and also poly mounts would probably help.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, my driver side header is hitting a mount. it is damn annoying... I'm currently exploring easy and inexpensive solutions. I really just need to find an adequate non-metal that is heat resistant, something that will absorb the vibrations.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

One of the primaries on my driver side was resting on the clamshell of the motor mount. I was able to flatten the primary enough with a torch and prybar to stop it from vibrating.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

^What he said.

Plus re-adjusting it can help too. Also what the other guy said about unbolting that thing on the y-pipe, for me it made the vibration worse not better so I unbolted and re-adjusted/dimpled the primary and all vibrations went away.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Motor mount. Yet another unsatisifed LPP customer.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
im completely satisfied. if some minor vibes are the tradeoff for not having a ypipe that bangs on the floorboard then i consider myself lucky (this is speaking in my case, not others)
Old 05-21-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Regular

No one on here was complaining. If I have to do a little extra adjusting and fitting to get them to work than so be it. They are a great stainless steel header for the price. I would buy them again in a heart beat.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess it's all in what you find acceptable. I happily returned my LPPs when they didn't fit and will recommend others do the same. I consider it a blessing as my ARHs are awesome.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess it's all in what you find acceptable. I happily returned my LPPs when they didn't fit and will recommend others do the same. I consider it a blessing as my ARHs are awesome.
you're the one that seems irritable about the situation

mine slid in like a dream and are at least a half inch away from any of the typical "my headers touch hear points".

if your fancy fandangled ARH headers had a y pipe mount similar to the LPPs the same vibes i have been feeling from my car would be felt in your car.

yeah i agree ARH headers are a better quality product but I'd feel a lot better about myself buying 2 sets of LPP's for 1200 dollars and giving a free set to my buddy than taking it up the *** for 1200 just to get myself a set of ARH's

to each his own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love my 600 dollar headers and their 1 minor issue. you love your 1200 dollar "perfect" headers.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know where you're buying your ARHs at, but I suppose I might like some $1200 headers. I feel whole lot more comfortable putting my reputation on the line recommending a set of headers that I know are built in such a way that will fit. If it was just myself that had a problem with them, it'd be one thing. But, there are numerous others, including friends of mine, who have had the exact same issue.

On an aside, I bought the LPPs to replace my Pacesetters. So, I understand buying a budget header. You may be missing the part where I did buy the LPPs in hopes that they were as nice as people like yourself claimed them to be. I found out otherwise and I will share my experience with anyone else that is considering them as I don't want other to have to face the same sort of hassle that I did.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know where you're buying your ARHs at, but I suppose I might like some $1200 headers. I feel whole lot more comfortable putting my reputation on the line recommending a set of headers that I know are built in such a way that will fit. If it was just myself that had a problem with them, it'd be one thing. But, there are numerous others, including friends of mine, who have had the exact same issue.

On an aside, I bought the LPPs to replace my Pacesetters. So, I understand buying a budget header. You may be missing the part where I did buy the LPPs in hopes that they were as nice as people like yourself claimed them to be. I found out otherwise and I will share my experience with anyone else that is considering them as I don't want other to have to face the same sort of hassle that I did.
fair enough.

it really is too bad that they are inconsistent. i wonder if the headers themselves are different or if its minor variances from car to car.