Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lt1 plate can it be used as dry shot

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 plate can it be used as dry shot

I WAS wondering if the plate kit either a maf unit or plate behind the throttle body can be used solely as a dry shot but only using one side and plugging off the other side. if so how well will it perform knowing that only 1 side is spraying (i assume) because i would think that only 4 cylinders are really getting the spray and the others arent.!!

so am i right or not?
how well does it perform say from a 100 shot.
also can both ports be used as dry.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

You can use the plate to spray a dry shot only or two dry shots. It's not designed specifically for it but you can do it without a problem. You will need to make sure your injectors are enough to support the motor and the nitrous and that the fuel pump will support everything as well. Also you will need to find a way to compensate for fueling becasue you are relying on the injectors to supply the fuel needed for the nitorus.

-Chris
Old 05-22-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

yea buddy what he said ^ you atleast will need 36# injectors and a 255 pump for a 100 dry shot and good plugs...if you want to use 2 dry shots then the injectors need to be way bigger, buy you should get the point
Old 05-23-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

I could be mistaken but I thought a dry kit must be sprayed into the MAF to compensate for the extra air. Isnt a plate system normaly after the MAF? So if he was running a dry shot after the MAF, how would the system account for the extra incoming air? Im a nitrous newb so forgive me if my ignorance is obvious, just had a question.