Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP 231/237, QTP LT's installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TSP 231/237, QTP LT's installed

Well, I have been installing a Cam(TSP231/237), 918's, and the 1.75" QTP long tubes. I finished it up this afternoon. She fired right up on like the second crank...and idled at about 850 RPM . I have not gotten my exhaust built yet so it was real loud, I just wanted to check for leaks and go get some gas. I took it easy, proabobly drove for a total of like 4 miles. When I got back to the house it decided not to idle any more, I'm not really sure why. It runs good though, I think I just need to drive it somemore so it can learn. One mistake I may have made was opting to go without the o2 sims because I am planning on having them deleted with tuning. I wont be doing that until I get it quieted down a bit. I must say, the install work was pretty easy, I used a cut-down lever type tool for the springs, and the JPR cam tool. Anyways, I just wanted to share and thanks for all of the help I got from everyone on this board. I'll try to post some pics and stuff later on.

Aaron
Old 11-06-2003, 07:37 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Check your plugs. Driving with open headers is an easy way to foul out plugs and could possibly be your idle problem.

Congrats on the setup, that cam makes great power with a dyno tune.

Josh
Old 11-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian
Check your plugs. Driving with open headers is an easy way to foul out plugs and could possibly be your idle problem.

Congrats on the setup, that cam makes great power with a dyno tune.

Josh
Thanks, I'll check that out, I dont like driving it with open headers. Now that I know it runs, I'll just park it until I get the exhaust done this weekend.

Aaron
Old 11-06-2003, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I had that cam with some mild LS6 heads and it made great power. You will really like it.

The other part of your idle problem could be your TB. Did you drill it out at all to get your IAC values down?