Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sfc?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sfc?

i just want to know who makes the best SFC's before i buy some this week please let me know what you guys think THANKS
Old 11-08-2003, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on how much ground clearance you need and what trade offs you will accept.

I'm running SLP weld in SFC's and love them. My car is lowered about 1.5 inches and they are great for my use. There are many good choices. Look at LG Motorsports for another excellent design. There are others as well....
Old 11-08-2003, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

The first thing you want to ask yourself is if you want anything welded to your car, for me the answer was no. That being said I would suggest SLP bolt-on SFC's, here's a link to how best to install them. http://users3.ev1.net/~cnl1/firehawk/subframe/index.htm

Al
Old 11-08-2003, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Get weld up SFCs because they're better. Also might I suggest you look at the Hotchkis boxed SFCs and the BMR tubular or boxed SFCs. I personally have the BMR tubulars and they work great with absolutely no ground clearance issues with my lowered car.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Teching In

when i go to have the SFC welded or if i bolt on my self do i need to have any thing else done at this time like LCA if i have the SFC welded on i dont want to have them removed later for anything you know also does any one know about how much i should cost to have them welded on just so i dont get raped on the price
Old 11-08-2003, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

As I mentioned before I like the bolt-on SFC, if you go with weld-on's I would first like to see what kind of welds the guy does ( that's why I do my own welding ). I've seen post/pics in the past where someone will say they just got there SFC welded in, there so happy about getting them installed. The problem is I'v seen welds that look like ****, and in fact they are ****. If you go with weld-on's check around and find a good shop, prices seem to range anywhere from $50 to $150.

Quick Reply: Sfc?