Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car isn't getting any power

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car isn't getting any power

So two days ago my 2001 Trans Am wouldn't idle. When I would put it in neutral the rpms would drop until the car died. The clock reset every time it died. If I turned off the air conditioning it could barely idle at about 500 rpms. Once I got it going though it would run like normal. The battery gauge would dip into the yellow but once I used the gas to pick up the rpms the gauge would go back to normal. Half way home the car started to idle like normal again and I could even tun back on the air conditioning.

The car ran perfect yesterday but today it started to do it again. I turned on the car and it died. It did this a few more times as I was trying the back it out of the parking spot. The final time it did it the car won't turn back on. When I put the key in and click it over nothing happens. The car has no electric at all. I can't even use the power door locks of the trunk button. When I turn the key to start the car nothing at all happens.

I have tried to jump the car and tried cleaning the MAF with no luck. I'm not really sure what to do or where to look. Any help would be great, my car is still stuck in the parking lot.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it was a bad battery. Replaced it about 2 days before this happened. Now just to see if the idle problem happens again.

Quick Reply: Car isn't getting any power