General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

DAMMIT!!!!!! My car is messed up and i'm pissed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAMMIT!!!!!! My car is messed up and i'm pissed

Okay, so I don't know if you guys have read another thread I put up a couple weeks ago about my car getting rear-ended and then the guy running and getting away.

Anyway, to add insult to injury, the exhaust is popping at high rpms, and the car acts like when it idles down it wants to die. I think the idle is off as well, it keeps dropping to like 500rpm. If I go and get on my car, the exhaust will pop when it gets to high rpms, and then letting it die back down, it starts to shake and stutter like it's going to die.

I thought maybe it would have something to do with the fact that I installed some new plugs and wires, but the car was running fine before I got hit, now it's acting stupid. I can't really tell if it is down on power, it has felt slow to me for a while anyway, need more mods, but it's kinda starting to upset me.

Possible that i'm running rich and that is causing the popping? Then what would make it want to die? It doesn't seem like it does it all the time, but IDK.

Any thoughts guys?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If it just started after you did the new plugs and wires, then there's a pretty DARN good chance thats whats causing it.

What did you gap the plugs?

Make sure none of the plug wires are touching ANY of the exhuast manifold pipes? That will cause your issues for sure.

Also, make sure all wires are "snapped" on properly, to both the spark plugs and the coils. They need to all "snap" into place.

Make sure you have a clean MAF too. But, there's a bunch more things that can cause your issues.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well everything was snapped into place, and I am not sure if they are touching my exhaust manifolds though, and I will definitely clean the maf, I was going to work on it tomorrow after I get up, my *** works all night, and it makes it hard to find time to do all the **** that needs to get done.ANYWAY... I will check it all tomorrow, thanx.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:59 AM
12 Second Club

Check and make sure you ran the wires correctly?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, i checked everything, made sure the wires are snapped in, cleaned the maf, made sure nothing is touching, and disconnected the battery to reset the ses light that had gone off when it started this. So far, it seems to be running fine and it's not popping. I am hoping it will be alright.