Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Hotchkis sway bar problem on strange dana 60

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hotchkis sway bar problem on strange dana 60

I just got a new dana 60 and looks like maybe strange went a bit too far outward on my sway bar mounts. The factory bar would fit ok as you can move the mounts outward enough. My hotchkis bar being so fat with such a sharp radius turn looks like can't move the mounts far enough out on the dana 60. I can maybe get someone good to cut off the rear end sway bar mounts and move them but think solution might be just to get a thinner bar with a bit less radius on the corners so the mounts could slide a bit farther outward.

So what sway bar are you running on your dana 60?? And did you run into the same problem. I can maybe add a steel plate and drill couple holes so can then mabye get the sway bar mounts to line up. Might do that but like to do things simpler. If could mabye get a different make of sway bar can move my hotchkis over to my 96z28. I don't want to run factory sway bars on my 99.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered smaller spohn chrome moly sway bars ,they are 22mm versus 25 for the hochkis. Hoping its are plug and play on the dana rearend.
Went with matching set front one and going to move my big hotchkis bars over to my 96z vert.