General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

lt1..Low rpm bogg/buck...running rich..multiple cylinder missfire..PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1..Low rpm bogg/buck...running rich..multiple cylinder missfire..PLEASE HELP

I have a 97 ws6 t/a. I have a rebuilt engine with about hundred miles. The mods are hot cam and bbk headers. I have gutted the cats due to them being bad. I have a new msd opti, new msd wires, new ac delco coil, new spark plugs, checked the icm when it was hot and it is good. The ses light came on and it blinked and stayed on. I had it scanned and it has multiple cylinder misfire which was in 6 cylinders. I have checked the wires and I made sure that they cannot be burnt in any way. The car starts up everytime and drives but at low rpm, when I back up or take off, the car will bog/ buck really bad until it gets to a higher rpm. The car drives alright when its driving but not taking off. I had an exhaust leak at the egr pipe off the header, but I fixed it a couple days ago. I still have an exhaust leak somewhere, but dont know where. I also had a low reading for the bank 1 position 1 o2 sensor so I replaced it and no change. When I start up the car when its cold it still drives the same as when warmed up. This problem is at all times. The car is also running rich. It seems like something is retarding the timing. The knock sensor also was setting off the ses light when there was no knock, I unplugged and it the light went away for awhile. Now the ses came back on and blinks and then stays on. I resetted the pcm but the ses came back on. I know its an electrical problem and not a fuel problem because im getting too much fuel..unless somehow there something with the injectors. Another thing is that there is not change in idle when I unplugg the MAF. I have tried 3 MAF units on the car and none of them have a change in idle. I know the post is very long but I wanted to mention every detail. Please help me im very frustrated and am tired of spending time trying to figure out myself. Any help is great. Thanks

Last edited by BlackStroker; 06-10-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anybody help me?