General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

this a fuel pump problem??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this a fuel pump problem??

aight so i think ive figured out my problem on my 00 SS. all i got is crank an wont turn over. so i had a guy look at today an it has spark an the fuel pump primes its self but i have no fuel outta the fuel rails. i checked fuses an relays wit other relays an nothin or should i try buyin a new one? an if it is a fuel pump how hard of a fix is it gonna be an how much for a shop to do it? mayb to much for me to do in the driveway.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Forged_Speed
aight so i think ive figured out my problem on my 00 SS. all i got is crank an wont turn over. so i had a guy look at today an it has spark an the fuel pump primes its self but i have no fuel outta the fuel rails. i checked fuses an relays wit other relays an nothin or should i try buyin a new one? an if it is a fuel pump how hard of a fix is it gonna be an how much for a shop to do it? mayb to much for me to do in the driveway.
Offtopic, but did you leave that poor camaro in the snow ? or it your old v6 ?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Teching In

na thats the v6 beater lol.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can hear the pump prime but have no pressure at the rail I would suspect a clogged filter or bad fuel pressure regulator rather than the pump.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Teching In

o really that sounds a lil easier of a fix. ya i was gonna chane the filter tom an go from their. wat bout the fuel regulator this is the first ive heard of this?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A clogged filter would most likely just cause weak pressure but not zero pressure. The only test I know of for the regulator is to remove the vacuum line going to it and see if there is any fuel or fuel smell inside it, as there should not be fuel in the vacuum line.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Teching In

aight ill check that once i figure out where its located. the thing that sucks is i was told when i bought it the fuel pump was replaced so gonna call the guy i bought it off an see if it had a warranty so i might get lucky