Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help with fuel system/boost referenced regulator

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help with fuel system/boost referenced regulator

OK BEFORE SUMONE JUMPS ON ME JUST READ.

I know this is the wrong section but the fueling section is DEAD and I figure most people on here running serious boost are running dual pump setups. I need help with the diy pump install I keep seeing stuff about running a regulator in your return fuel line how does that work? I thought it went in the feed? Also the little block thing I guess its for the return it comes off the intake and is plugged into the wiring harness and has a fuel line running back to the tank does that stay? Or do I get rid of that and just run my -6 return and that's it?

Once again I'm sorry for this being in the wrong section but the fueling section is dead and if a mod wants to move this that's fine

Thanks guys!

Last edited by 02anti_vnm; 06-20-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fpr will go on the return line to the rails. The plug you see is for the pump power supply that stays. I use the stock line for the return and I have -6 to feed the rails edlebrocks. But if ur on stock rails the fpr will go on to the line that feeds them and the return will plug into the bottom fo the fpr with the proper fittings. Also your fpr in the tank will have to be removed. You should have it on the return side because it will keep a constant pressure in both rails.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how does it work in the return line? this is how i was going to set mine up but if return setup is what yall are doing then i will do what works but what do i do with the bottom hole the one aeromotive says is the return? and does it still stay at 60psi? im confused

thanks!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

The feed is from the 1 is from the stock feed th other feed is for the other rail the return hooks up to the stock eturn. Do you have aftermarket rails if so I willsend you some pics of mine.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes i have aeromotive rails and -8 feed and -6 return i was thinking of running -8 feed to the fpr and -6 return back to the tank and a -6 to the drivers side aeromotive rail with a -6 crossover pipe in the back going to the passenger side rail and it just stops there with a cap on the other end of the rail. i wasnt planning on running any stock lines just a -8 from the tank and a -6 back to the tank and maybe that stock fuel evac. line or what evr that is but im new to all this so help please

thanks!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Help? I think I am starting to get this return setup but not sure is this how it should run? -8 feed to which ever side rail I choose then a -6 crossover and then the fpr attached to that rail and the bottom hole on the fpr capped off and then out of the fpr comes a -6 line running back to the tank... Does that sound correct rails are aeromotives and pumps are the diy dual walbro setup

Other question is still do I leave that evac line or whatever or do I just take that thing off the manifold and block that hole I don't even really know what it does
Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Ok I just look at my ****.. The return from the fpr will bolt up to the stock return using the -6 lines and the proper fitting on the car. Ok the feed from the tank to the rails need to be y off to the rear of each rail. Now the passenger line needs to go on the feed out port on the fpr. Then from the front of the driver side rail connects to the feed in port. I got pics in my albums. that may help.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Also I have my fpr mounted on the rail you dont have to mount it there tho.