Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cant decide what to do for school...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant decide what to do for school...

I just currently quit my job because I was totally getting dicked around on my hours. So now in the meantime Im looking for jobs, but I also want to start up school for the fall semester. But in all honesty, I dont know what to take? I was talking to my friend, and he was talking about taking the EMT course. And I find it pretty interesting, especially since Ive always wanted to go Fire Department when I was kid. I just dont think thats career that I really find myself wanting. I was also looking into becoming a Pharmacy Technician. I just have soo much things running through my mind that I just cant decide. What do you guys think???
Old 07-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

EMT!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

pharmacy techs only get paid 9-11 at CVS Target. At kaiser they only made 17-21 an hour and max out at 21 an hour. a pharmacy assistant which required no traing or degree made 16-20 an hour.

**** making a living as a pharm tech...
Old 07-06-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
I just currently quit my job because I was totally getting dicked around on my hours. So now in the meantime Im looking for jobs, but I also want to start up school for the fall semester. But in all honesty, I dont know what to take? I was talking to my friend, and he was talking about taking the EMT course. And I find it pretty interesting, especially since Ive always wanted to go Fire Department when I was kid. I just dont think thats career that I really find myself wanting. I was also looking into becoming a Pharmacy Technician. I just have soo much things running through my mind that I just cant decide. What do you guys think???
Why would someone quit a job without having another job waiting?? I feel like quitting my job but I can because I don't have another job to go to when I do quit. and mostly because of bills will pile up...I think it was a stupid mistake on what you did on quitting a job and you don't have another to back you up. and especially in CA, I know a lot of people over there who will easily take your job all because they cant find **** out there...
Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I just moved out here to CA I'm looking for a job... it's getting kinda scary. My finances are dwindling fast...
Old 07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by $O$OE
Why would someone quit a job without having another job waiting?? I feel like quitting my job but I can because I don't have another job to go to when I do quit. and mostly because of bills will pile up...I think it was a stupid mistake on what you did on quitting a job and you don't have another to back you up. and especially in CA, I know a lot of people over there who will easily take your job all because they cant find **** out there...
If you were in the position I was, it was worthless to stay. Getting dicked around weeks on end of being cancelled, or not enough work. It just wasnt in the cards. But back on topic. I was also looking into a massage therapy school. Before anyone says anything about MT, its actually one of my gauging interests. I just dont know if it would be something worth while to do, along with spending money on it for school. I might be considering the EMT course since I already have the books. I just trying to keep my options open right now.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Now that I just moved out here to CA I'm looking for a job... it's getting kinda scary. My finances are dwindling fast...
i know how that feels!!! been here a month, NO JOB..
Old 07-06-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think EMT's make much.

Why not look at becoming an RN?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Launching!

If you go to school get a real degree not some bull **** massage therapist, medical billing.....etc
Old 07-06-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
If you go to school get a real degree not some bull **** massage therapist, medical billing.....etc
YUP!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
YUP!!!
I see too many people graduated from a university and working at the mall because they got a degree they can't really get a job with. Art and **** like that.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Become a **** Star, not that great of money at first but ask big daddy bry about gay **** he seems to know a lot about it.

Honestly find something in electronics or spend your time finding a need or want that needs to be filled or create a want or need and then make that whatever it is. Other than that I got nothing.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Become a **** Star, not that great of money at first but ask big daddy bry about gay **** he seems to know a lot about it.

Honestly find something in electronics or spend your time finding a need or want that needs to be filled or create a want or need and then make that whatever it is. Other than that I got nothing.
Very true!

My best advice is: You definitely want to be the giver because I couldn't imagine doing the things Adam has to do.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Very true!

My best advice is: You definitely want to be the giver because I couldn't imagine doing the things Adam has to do.
I know having sex with real women would suck for bry, hahahaha.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
Art and **** like that.

wait a sec...

Old 07-07-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I know having sex with real women would suck for bry, hahahaha.

Tsk tsk, you believe that was a woman and you were being pegged? It's no longer pegging when it's not a woman.

And no, that wasn't egg on your face, and that wasn't a garden fresh salad you tossed, and Dirty Sanchez is not the gardener (but your new mustache was cute).
Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tsk tsk, you believe that was a woman and you were being pegged? It's no longer pegging when it's not a woman.

And no, that wasn't egg on your face, and that wasn't a garden fresh salad you tossed, and Dirty Sanchez is not the gardener (but your new mustache was cute).
Ok that was too funny to come back to, made me laugh for a good 10 mins at least.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think EMT's make much.

Why not look at becoming an RN?
Im not entirely sure on how much EMTs make. I was thinking about going LAFD after Im EMT certified. And about the RN thing, my mother has her masters degree for RN. But I just dont think thats something Ill find doing.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any fire department is going to be a MISSION to get involved with. Two of my cousins were voulenteer firefighters from 16-18, Military firefighters/EMTs from 18-22 and upon leaving the military and having passed all fire classes with a 4.0 they still had like 1 in 10,000 chance of getting hired. It wasnt untill one of my cousins turned 26 that he got hired in CA and had to move 350 miles up north to take the job

Quick Reply: Cant decide what to do for school...