Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did TCS do to my tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What did TCS do to my tranny?

Back in June I recieved a Level 1+ (was told that is has all level 1 components plus a few extra goodies, but I wasn't told what any of these components were) built 4L60E from the former TCS. I also swapped in the 3200/2.5 STR converter. Before that I was running the stock tranny and a 3500/2.5 STR converter also from TCS. I noticed the soggy shifts with the stock trans and 3500 stall, but when I put in the 3200 stall and the built trans, my shifts were much, much firmer, even moreso than stock at WOT. Part throttle shifts feel almost identical or just a hair firmer than stock, and WOT shifts are noticably firmer than stock. This makes me wonder what TCS could have done to this tranny to firm up my shifts? Is there anything internal that can increase line pressure? Would the upgraded clutch materials cause this? Derek didn't tell me a single thing that went in it, and if he did, I wouldn't have understood anyways, so I'm just trying to get an idea of what all could have been done.

I've been wondering this for a long time, but seeing the posts about boosted line pressure and pump failure made me finally go ahead and post about it. Hopefully I won't have to go down that road. Being a college kid with a decent car note and outrageous insurance doesn't leave alot of room for repair money

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sure you have a trans go shift kit . That was what was in my TCS tranny
Old 11-15-2003, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They probally changed some servos, that would defiantly firm up the shifts.

WeS