Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2007 CTS-V vs 2009 STR-8 CHALLENGER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 CTS-V vs 2009 STR-8 CHALLENGER!!!

OK in another thread this guy was asking how his V would fare against the new challengers. I got ur answer.... *** Whooping! I was gettin out of my neighborhood yesterday around 2pm. As i was gettin out I see this HUGE cloud of smoke driftin in the wind and then i see tire marks as i get closer. So im thinkin I gotta find out who did this lol I take a right and get on the V and up ahead I see white SRT-8 Challenger.. so i play a lil catch up. I pull next to him in 3rd goin about 50. So ima in a good spot and throw a lil rev and jump ahead of him..(The road is 2 lanes goin both ways and no one was around) Him and his passnger have this grin on their face like hes gonna whoop me or sumthin So the dude punches and gets about even with me.. Then I hit it and pull about a car at the top of 3rd and hit 4th had about a car and half on him easy. So i shut it down around 95mph. The dude just stayed behind following me until we get to stop sign. So im takin a left on to this nice striaght away thinkin he would follow me but he swithes lanes at the last second and goes strait steppin on that FAT PIG! I guess he got embarassed enough in front of his friend! Anyways thought I would share.. It felt bad *** and I was proud of my baby!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Nice...Good to know. I didn't realize they made SRT8's in white, I've never seen one around these parts.....they do look nice though
Old 07-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the new Challengers but like all Chrysler performance vehicles they are heavy as hell and get horrible fuel economy. Ever seen a stock one on a dyno? It's almost embarassing. I don't know if it is ridiculous parasitic drivetrain loss or they really aren't putting out that much at the crank. Still sweet cars though, but I'll take my V any day. Nice kill!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've kinda been hoping for the opportunity to embarrass one of them too.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by deedubb
Nice...Good to know. I didn't realize they made SRT8's in white, I've never seen one around these parts.....they do look nice though
It was actually an R/T Challenger lol.. My bad! But damn it did look clean!.. Still this thought lingers in my head of this guy tellin his friend man I wasnt even tryin.. lol The way he stayed back then took off tryin to be a hard ***!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahhaha, YES!!! That's what I'm talking about
Old 07-13-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love our cars! so far I've killed a Carrera, Aston Martin,Charger R/T,2 Magnum R/T's, 600cc Ninja, and I'm prolly forgetting a few!

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 07-13-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelled "carrera" wrong! and got yelled at for saying I liked Electric blue
Old 07-13-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I love our cars! so far I've killed a Cerrera, Aston Martin,Charger R/T,2 Magnum R/T's, 600cc Ninja, and I'm prolly forgetting a few!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kerryt1
i'd be sayin the same thing if I had an electric blue Z06 too
Old 07-13-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Ive killed two srt-4's LOL but that is it. One was my buddies. One tried to chase me down and he did (because i wanted to be chased LOL) and then he got raped by the v.
Both cars were slightly modded (down pipe injectors tune exhaust etc small mods)

Still like those cars with the spoiler deletes Look great for a neon IMO (sexy front end)

I dont race much not really looking to run because i dont like to beat on my car. And NOO!!! Launches (it is stupid to launch this car anyway At least for what I bought it for )
Old 07-13-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'd be sayin the same thing if I had an electric blue Z06 too
lol you cant be serious. a z06 painted the color of that turd would still be hot...peanuts and all.

Plus you cant talk **** about electron blue, when you have stealth gray....but w/e.

The reason he said the comment is : 1. its carrera....he must be a porsche guy, as I wince when I see a "car" guy mispell that word.

and 2.you claim you beat a 600cc bike...which he most likely doesnt believe.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

it is stupid to launch this car anyway At least for what I bought it for
agreed....you cant buy a V thinking your gonna beat cars off the line....buy a V to **** peoples days up from a roll....like those certain amg and m series cars....they are the best, as they always have the expression "what the ****, i thought my car couldnt lose" on their face when your cadillac pulls on them.....lol I LOVE IT, but in all honesty, i like losing races more....its interesting to see the small percentage of cars that can beat us...
Old 07-13-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
lol you cant be serious. a z06 painted the color of that turd would still be hot...peanuts and all.

Plus you cant talk **** about electron blue, when you have stealth gray....but w/e.

The reason he said the comment is : 1. its carrera....he must be a porsche guy, as I wince when I see a "car" guy mispell that word.

I was saying I liked his car dude!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...low-*****.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-05-cts-v.html

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 07-13-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl

Ding ding ding. Since I own a CTS-V and have owned a 600cc sport bike, I found it very difficult to believe that you beat a bike. That said, "600 cc Ninja" is very vague, along with "Carrera" and "Aston Martin."

And for the record, I might actually drive a brown Z-0...hard to say though.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my V as much as anyone else...but our cars really aren't THAT fast, and are only marginally faster than some of these other cars. Even then it's 95% a drivers race and who gets the jump. "Rolls" are fun, but with most of these runs, it's only a car length or 2, unless you are racing something you KNOW you can beat. I agree with 04ctsvfl, I've "beat" or barely beat (1,1.5,2 car lengths, etc) many cars, but the only 2 runs that stand out to me are a newer E55 and a newer Viper, both of which destroyed me. I was like....damn, I just got smoked!?...cool!

going back to my car's performance, I find myself trying to beat cars I feel I should destroy, as if they just floor it, they can "keep up". To best describe it, It seems I can't get through the rpms quick(mostly 3rd thru 5th gear)...like it wants to work harder than it should to get on through. I realize im stock with no performance mods, but it just doesn't feel as fast as it SHOULD BE> I guess I should get a baseline dyno to see if I am even making full stock power. Ive driven sticks of all kinds, have had my V over a year, and know all the "optimal shift points"...I'm probably just used to it now and just need more power!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
going back to my car's performance, I find myself trying to beat cars I feel I should destroy, as if they just floor it, they can "keep up". To best describe it, It seems I can't get through the rpms quick(mostly 3rd thru 5th gear)...like it wants to work harder than it should to get on through. I realize im stock with no performance mods, but it just doesn't feel as fast as it SHOULD BE> I guess I should get a baseline dyno to see if I am even making full stock power. Ive driven sticks of all kinds, have had my V over a year, and know all the "optimal shift points"...I'm probably just used to it now and just need more power!!!
Time for sum MODS man!! I cant wait to get my headers and a dyno tune almost got all the money saved up!
I love my DAMN V! Even though I only got exhaust and CAI the bitch can move. I also raced my friends stock 05 Vette couple weeks ago from a 60 roll to about 120. I got the jump and held him for a while til he got a nose on me at the top 4! It was really close.. Surprisingly! I'll get it on vid one of these days we tend to line em often just for the hell of it! lol
Old 07-14-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kerryt1
Ding ding ding. Since I own a CTS-V and have owned a 600cc sport bike, I found it very difficult to believe that you beat a bike. That said, "600 cc Ninja" is very vague, along with "Carrera" and "Aston Martin."

And for the record, I might actually drive a brown Z-0...hard to say though.
I see what your saying! But I was really saying I like the color of your Z06.. I posted the stories up! I didnt want to get into details because as you can see if you read the races that I had they tend to be long. By the way I raced a new Harley last night from a dig and got my *** handed to me by 80mph... It was expected but still fun.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
I love my V as much as anyone else...but our cars really aren't THAT fast, and are only marginally faster than some of these other cars. Even then it's 95% a drivers race and who gets the jump. "Rolls" are fun, but with most of these runs, it's only a car length or 2, unless you are racing something you KNOW you can beat. I agree with 04ctsvfl, I've "beat" or barely beat (1,1.5,2 car lengths, etc) many cars, but the only 2 runs that stand out to me are a newer E55 and a newer Viper, both of which destroyed me. I was like....damn, I just got smoked!?...cool!

Finally, someone not claiming their V is a world beater. The V is a great car, but the "I beat..." is getting old regarding destroying everything on the road. At 4,000 lbs and 400HP, you will beat most cars, go 50%/50% on cars with similar specs-driver's race most of the time, and will get you **** handed to you by E55s/E63s, Vipers, newer M5s, newer 911s, C5Zs, all exotics, etc... I raced an E55 in my first month of ownership, I was a cocky bastard, from a launch I was annihilated, based on that race a start from a roll would not have mattered, I was embarassed to pull up to the next light. Keep racing, as the fun, sometimes, is not always about who wins.
Again, our Vs are damn good for what they are, but drive a C5/C6 one day, with 400HP, and you will notice a big difference.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Finally, someone not claiming their V is a world beater. The V is a great car, but the "I beat..." is getting old regarding destroying everything on the road. At 4,000 lbs and 400HP, you will beat most cars, go 50%/50% on cars with similar specs-driver's race most of the time, and will get you **** handed to you by E55s/E63s, Vipers, newer M5s, newer 911s, C5Zs, all exotics, etc... I raced an E55 in my first month of ownership, I was a cocky bastard, from a launch I was annihilated, based on that race a start from a roll would not have mattered, I was embarassed to pull up to the next light. Keep racing, as the fun, sometimes, is not always about who wins.
Again, our Vs are damn good for what they are, but drive a C5/C6 one day, with 400HP, and you will notice a big difference.

Very well put , I'll take the "coolness" of doing it in a 4 door American made car any day. I love the sleeper look and the fact that it is still a very nice car even besides the power and suspension.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I love our cars! so far I've killed a Carrera, Aston Martin,Charger R/T,2 Magnum R/T's, 600cc Ninja, and I'm prolly forgetting a few!
Did you mean Cadillac Catera???:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Catera

Quick Reply: 2007 CTS-V vs 2009 STR-8 CHALLENGER!!!