Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Corvette Filter??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Corvette Filter??

Has anyone run into a bad Corvette Filter/Regulator?? If so, how did it act?
My fuel pressure is odd...sometimes 55lbs, sometimes 50lbs at ignition on. When running it drops to 40 sometimes, sometimes 50lbs.
After turning the car off it will hold pressure for all of about 10 minutes before slowly going down.
Some facts for ya: Ricks Tank with new pump. Double checked and cleaned injectors (only 400miles of use on engine/inj). Pulled fuel rail, turned on ign and watched for dribble at any injectors...nothing? The Corvette Filter is new...and the only thing I can't actually test. Does it sound typical for a bad one???
Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

I suppose it could be a filter but I would also check the wiring to the fuel pump. Make sure its not too small and it has a good ground. I would have to assume the pump is good to go but it could just be a faulty pump as well. Filter and wiring will be the cheapest and easiest place so start there.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would said it is not typical for it to be bad.. but it can happen..but if it is a bad.. at lease it only a $40-50 for another one.. What brand is your current FPR (AC Delco, Wix, Fran, etc) ?

For the fuel pump... What are you using as a power source ?... what gauge wiring ?... Also check the ground is a good one.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging by the pressure dropping after the car sits for 10 minutes tells me that the regulator in the filter might be the problem, unless there is a leak somewhere else. Residual pressure should hold for a while after the key is off and the system is primed. The fuel pump has nothing to do with this as it is before the regulator in the filter. Also the erratic pressure while running seems like an indication that the regulator is bad as well. It is just a rubber diaphragm. They deteriorate and can develop a hole over time, or could have been a bad part.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Judging by the pressure dropping after the car sits for 10 minutes tells me that the regulator in the filter might be the problem, unless there is a leak somewhere else. Residual pressure should hold for a while after the key is off and the system is primed. The fuel pump has nothing to do with this as it is before the regulator in the filter. Also the erratic pressure while running seems like an indication that the regulator is bad as well. It is just a rubber diaphragm. They deteriorate and can develop a hole over time, or could have been a bad part.
I just ordered a new one...now I'll wait and see...

Quick Reply: Bad Corvette Filter??