Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

take a look at this plug

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default take a look at this plug

I've been having a problem for awhile. bank 2 02 sensor is showing ltfts maxing out at +25
I put a temp gun on it and saw cyl #2's temp was down 150* from the other 7 cylinders.

Today i went to see if the connector for the injector was tight and it happen to pop right off. The clip holding it on wasn't on there.

I did this with the car running and the idle didn't change one bit when i took it off or put it on. So I'm guessing either the injector is bad or the connector is bad. (hopefully that's my problem)

Have been driving the car for the past month like this. Other then a hanging idle it drives fine. Ran a 12.0 at the track the other day...down from 11.70's. Thats when i started looking for a problem.

here is a pic of the plug that came out of there.

how do i check to see if the injector is firing? My exhaust is way to loud to hear the injector tick.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Noid light.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:40 AM
TECH Regular

Can you take a better picture of the plug? The angle you have is really hard to see - try a more side view!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'll try to get another picture. The main idea of this was to show how white the plug was
Old 07-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Teching In

put your finger on the injector, should be able to feel it click, stab the connector in the rear while running, one lead will be hot, the other a pcm controlled ground(test lamp lead on +) also if not firing, tap the injector w/ hammer , sometimes will come to life ( be gentle)