Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Wiggly Clutch Slave

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wiggly Clutch Slave

I was having some clutch problems with my 02 M6, I have recently replaced the slave so I figured it was the master...and when I went to unhook the master line from the slave I noticed the part that comes out of the slave was really....well wiggly...I could move it around easily about 1/4 to a half inch..I don't remember it being like this before I replaced it but cannot remember.

I threw away the old slave so I have no comparisons...I'm thinking the two bolts holding the slave on are loose and this is why I can wiggle the connector going to the slave easily...I torqued them down to spec when I installed..Guess I should have used some loctite on those bitches.

Clues? Is the connector supposed to be loose like that?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I realize everyone is really busy with "what clutch is best" threads, but if someone has a second it would really cheer me up to know if my car is done for the season or not.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, there is only a spring pin that holds the slave line into the slave....it SHOULD wiggle a bit, nothing to worry about tho...there is no real "almost out" if the line viberated out it would be sudden...and on the ground, no getting loose. GOOD LUCK
Old 07-20-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ttranssam
well, there is only a spring pin that holds the slave line into the slave....it SHOULD wiggle a bit, nothing to worry about tho...there is no real "almost out" if the line viberated out it would be sudden...and on the ground, no getting loose. GOOD LUCK
I'm more worried about the two screws keeping my clutch slave from coming out being loose. But it's hard to tell with the whole thing together, I just had the trans out a month ago and am pretty ******* sick of clutch issues and rear main leaks and all the ******* bull **** that comes with this car. In fact, you know what the son of a bitch is for sale 41k 02 WS6 Come and ******* get it I'm done with the ****** 15k obo, posting it in the ******* for sale section right ******* now.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

them two screws can come all the way out and prolly not hurt anything
Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ttranssam
them two screws can come all the way out and prolly not hurt anything
SO those bolts holding the slave on don't do anything? Why did GM put them there?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cthulu
SO those bolts holding the slave on don't do anything? Why did GM put them there?

So those bolts aren't important?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

They are very important, but I would think that because of the pressure from the tranny and the clutch, the slave really can't go anywhere.