*** F-body owner new to San Antonio ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up *** F-body owner new to San Antonio ***

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself to all my fellow F-body owners in the San Antonio area. I'm Louie a.k.a. "Groovy" & I just moved here from the Rio Grande Valley (McAllen) this past Monday. I'm just trying to figure out where/when they'll be some type of F-body meet/hangout where I'd be able to meet & make new friends. I moved here from the Valley w/my wife to begin a new life. A "Fresh-Start" if you will. I don't know the area AT ALL so it's an exciting experience for me. I've already done my research & read about some performance shops I'd like to visit (Ex: Lethal Performance) once I get a job & situated & stuff. If any of you guys can help me out w/some advice as far as what part of town is the best place to live in (Ex: Apt. living, Shopping, Peaceful environment) or any job openings available, I'd really appreciate it. Look forward to hearing from you guys. Peace.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

Welcome to SA, shouldve posted yesterday and you couldve made it to a small f-body meet we had.
Heres the link to our site so you can check up on some of our meets.
http://maccardi.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Im not too familiar with what parts of town are best so I cant help you there.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to S.A. Just missed a local meet tonight at I think Wing Stop. . . If you check www.maccarrdi.proboards22.com you'll find realtime local info for S.A.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Launching!

Welcome to San Antonio! Im from the valley (Mission), too! Im up here working for now. I haven't gotten a chance to visit any of the meets around here. I know they have one at Biggs... don't know if that one is still around though. Im not familiar with San Antonio itself though, so I cant really suggest any good places.

Out of curiousity...

Were you by any chance coming to San Antonio from the Valley this past Sunday night? The car had a South Texas F-bodies sticker on the hatch glass. I was driving a Pewter Trans Am
Old 07-25-2009, 03:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camaroboricua
Welcome to SA, shouldve posted yesterday and you couldve made it to a small f-body meet we had.
Heres the link to our site so you can check up on some of our meets.
http://maccardi.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Im not too familiar with what parts of town are best so I cant help you there.
Hey camaroboricua, thank you so very much for the link & I will definately check it out & register. I'll see when the next meet is & try & make it out there for sure. Thanks guys for your responses.

Originally Posted by Pitbull329
Welcome to San Antonio! Im from the valley (Mission), too! Im up here working for now. I haven't gotten a chance to visit any of the meets around here. I know they have one at Biggs... don't know if that one is still around though. Im not familiar with San Antonio itself though, so I cant really suggest any good places.

Out of curiousity...

Were you by any chance coming to San Antonio from the Valley this past Sunday night? The car had a South Texas F-bodies sticker on the hatch glass. I was driving a Pewter Trans Am
Hey Pitbull, yeah, that was definately me Sunday night......I saw you as well in your T/A.....I was already SUPER tired to begin with, as I had a long weekend, but I just wanted to get here already because I had interviews & I'm in need of a job. But yeah, I have more interviews this coming week so I'm hoping my luck takes a positive turn.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Here I thought you just dropped off the face of the earth, hadn't seen you around in a while. Good luck in SA Louie.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WeeWolf
Here I thought you just dropped off the face of the earth, hadn't seen you around in a while. Good luck in SA Louie.
Ha Ha.....Yeah, your absolutely right, I had been MIA for a long time but like the Terminator says..."I'll be back" & indeed I am. Hit me up in case you come to SA, maybe we can all get together.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CamaroSS01SLP
Hey camaroboricua, thank you so very much for the link & I will definately check it out & register. I'll see when the next meet is & try & make it out there for sure. Thanks guys for your responses.

Hey Pitbull, yeah, that was definately me Sunday night......I saw you as well in your T/A.....I was already SUPER tired to begin with, as I had a long weekend, but I just wanted to get here already because I had interviews & I'm in need of a job. But yeah, I have more interviews this coming week so I'm hoping my luck takes a positive turn.

Thats a nice looking ride you have man! Sounded mean too just cruising. I know what you mean though man, was pretty tired myself. Getting home at 12am then waking up at 5am to go to work (10 hr shifts) haha.

Best of luck to you on those interviews. Things are pretty slow in the valley though huh? I want to go back, but not so sure how things truly are down there. As I only go down every other weekend.

The camaro your DD?
Old 07-25-2009, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=CamaroSS01SLP;11962477]Hey camaroboricua, thank you so very much for the link & I will definately check it out & register. I'll see when the next meet is & try & make it out there for sure. Thanks guys for your responses.
QUOTE]

Sure thing bro, its free to sign up so thats a good thing. We try to get together for some dinner on fridays or saturdays and sometimes we head out to the track. Although the price at the track went up a little so its kinda slow right now. We are trying to set up a cruise around august but the route and date has not been finalized yet. Anyway, hopefully you find a job soon. Hard times are affecting everyone right now. GL
Old 07-25-2009, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pitbull329
Thats a nice looking ride you have man! Sounded mean too just cruising. I know what you mean though man, was pretty tired myself. Getting home at 12am then waking up at 5am to go to work (10 hr shifts) haha.

Best of luck to you on those interviews. Things are pretty slow in the valley though huh? I want to go back, but not so sure how things truly are down there. As I only go down every other weekend.

The camaro your DD?
Yeah bro, for now she's my DD but I drive my wife's G6 more often (when I want something quiet/economical) around town. But I take her out every now & then so if any of you guys see me out there, holla at ya' boy !!!.....