Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift solenoid B Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shift solenoid B Issue

I have a 2001 camaro Z-28. I had a built 4l60e transmission in the car and every once in a while the check engine light would come on and the transmission would lock up in 3rd gear. I would shut off the car or clear the code with the scanner and it would work fine again.

I pulled the transmission out and put a built 4L70e transmission in the car last night. I drove the car 100 miles today to meet the new buyer and I did not have any problems with it. He drove it another 150+ miles and as he pulled in his drive way the SES light came on. He had it checked and the shift solenoid B code came up, he cleared the code and it is working fine now.

Anyone know what it could be and what it would take to fix it? The buyer knew I was changing transmissions but I want to make it right so any help would be appreciated.

BTW, the motor is all stock and I just had the Converter checked by Circle D before I put the 4L70e in it.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I dont know what stall you have in it but heres the deal.
With high stall converter the code for "solenoid B" 1-2 is a comon occurence. Its not a transmission issue , Its a tuning issue. The PCM is confused by the stall and thinks the 2-3 shift did not occurr due to the RPM being to high. It sets "limp mode" 3rd gear only untill the ignition is cycled off and back on again.
The car needs to be tuned for the stall and the test for the code (PO757) disabled and the problem will be solved.

This has been written about in here 100s of times. Just TYPE in the code in search PO757.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-25-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
I dont know what stall you have in it but heres the deal.
With high stall converter the code for "solenoid B" 1-2 is a comon occurence. Its not a transmission issue , Its a tuning issue. The PCM is confused by the stall and thinks the 2-3 shift did not occurr due to the RPM being to high. It sets "limp mode" 3rd gear only untill the ignition is cycled off and back on again.
The car needs to be tuned for the stall and the test for the code (PO757) disabled and the problem will be solved.

This has been written about in here 100s of times. Just TYPE in the code in search PO757.
Thank you for your reply, I found another thread were you commented on this same issue. If I had known I would have taken the car to LMR to have the code removed before I sold it.

He is going to take it to Thunder Racing next week to get them to remove the code.

Again Thank You...

Quick Reply: Shift solenoid B Issue