To the dude in the black Z06 who is broke down on 610 N.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To the dude in the black Z06 who is broke down on 610 N.

What a place to break down, hope ur baby is ok.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

C6 or C5?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC
What a place to break down, hope ur baby is ok.

What up big mike?? Where you livin/workin these days?? Long time..
Old 07-31-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stay off of 610 as much as possible. It's worth the 1.25, until september, to take the belt.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Thanks man! Word gets around fast on the net!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...f-traffic.html

Crank Position Sensor went out. I was in the fast lane over 59 and it started to stall and buck. I tried to get over to get off of San Felipe, but it wasn't happening. If I would have known that I would not make it to San Felipe, I would have stayed in the fast lane until after going over 59, then there would have been a shoulder for me to pull off on.

The thing that was upsetting was that I called AAA, they wouldn't tow it because it was in a center lane. They called Houston's Safe Clear because they said that the legally had to. Well, Safe Clear is free, but not if your in a moving lane. Safe Clear said they would bring a flatbed because it is a corvette. I requested one as well. The first tow showed up and didn't want to lift it, then HPD showed up and started to yell at him and myself, with profanity. The tow truck driver said the flatbed was only 2-3 minutes away, but the LEO kept on his tirade to get it cleared that second. So, they lifted my car without a flatbed. The tow operator was very nice and apologized.

I can't really complain, because it was my fault that my car died. I just wish they hadn't towed it without a flatbed, and I had to pay

BTW, love the site, I use to post her years ago under another name, probably mawk27 or winters98gt, but I can't access my account anymore.

Last edited by winters97gt; 07-31-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Thanks man! Word gets around fast on the net!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...f-traffic.html

Crank Position Sensor went out. I was in the fast lane over 59 and it started to stall and buck. I tried to get over to get off of San Felipe, but it wasn't happening. If I would have known that I would not make it to San Felipe, I would have stayed in the fast lane until after going over 59, then there would have been a shoulder for me to pull off on.

The thing that was upsetting was that I called AAA, they wouldn't tow it because it was in a center lane. They called Houston's Safe Clear because they said that the legally had to. Well, Safe Clear is free, but not if your in a moving lane. Safe Clear said they would bring a flatbed because it is a corvette. I requested one as well. The first tow showed up and didn't want to lift it, then HPD showed up and started to yell at him and myself, with profanity. The tow truck driver said the flatbed was only 2-3 minutes away, but the LEO kept on his tirade to get it cleared that second. So, they lifted my car without a flatbed. The tow operator was very nice and apologized.

I can't really complain, because it was my fault that my car died. I just wish they hadn't towed it without a flatbed, and I had to pay

BTW, love the site, I use to post her years ago under another name, probably mawk27 or winters98gt, but I can't access my account anymore.

I bet if the cops vette had broke down he would have waited on a flat bed

Good to hear it wasnt something major! Hope you get her back up and running soon!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
I bet if the cops vette had broke down he would have waited on a flat bed

Good to hear it wasnt something major! Hope you get her back up and running soon!
Thanks! Where is the crank position sensor on these cars? I know they list for about $80. I'm hoping not to have to take the intake off the car. I did a few ls6 intake swaps back in high school on Fbodies, but I really don't want to work on this car with the limited amount of space and tools I have access to.

Last edited by winters97gt; 08-01-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:22 PM
FormerVendor

The crankshaft position sensor is right behind the starter.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

what a ********... BIG SURPRISE! hopefully you get it all working soon! Bet that was a rough day!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98ssconversion
what a ********... BIG SURPRISE! hopefully you get it all working soon! Bet that was a rough day!
Thanks! My car is going into G-Force on Monday. They were strait forward with me on some minor suspension issues I had a while back and fixed it quick for a good price.