Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ready to install my lg replacement aps turbos!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to install my lg replacement aps turbos!

We'll,After playing around yesterday and today my k member is finally down and i ordered my LG replacement turbos for my APS TT kit Friday, so ill be rocking once again by next week LOL I was going to wait till winter to do this but theres way too much nice weather left LOL The one thing i might do is replace the stock APS oil return flanges on these turbos and buy some of those (AN) 45deg or 90 deg oil return flanges ,to get the oil flowing a little nicer to the oil pan and get some nice heavy duty hoses made up or should I just get a scavanger pump set up.?? Theres not much room down there on the passanger turbo side because of the coolant lines for a little resoiver can. Im wondering if i could just hook the scavanger line right to the oil return flang or do i definatly need a resevoir can? Now that the K member is down, i got a good veiw and it seems the passanger side turbo sets alittle lower then the drivers side and theres maybe only a 1'' or so drop between the turbo oil return flang and the oil pan fitting ?Also LOL If i do just AN oil return flanges on the turbos can i still get lines made up that will still slide over the oil pan flanges without changes them to AN fittings too? I just dont want to pull the oil pan too to have AN fitting welded in it with everthing else i got going on let me know what you guys think would be my best option here!
Thanks, Barnat
Old 08-03-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why did you weld in some fittings to the pan? I guess you can just run non an on the pan then. I used the aps fittings so would simply take them out and screw in an ones.
I don't think you need any kind of tank with the scavenger pump. Just run the lines from turbo to y block and then into pump and out to one of the pan fittings. Just block the other fitting.

Good news on your new turbos Barnat. I forget you have to drop engine mount bolts too to drop k were they hard to do with the turbos on there still? Should have took some pics for us of the swap out.Mabye you still can...
Old 08-03-2009, 02:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ he beat you to it lol, when are you going to throw your LG's in ?
Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elias_799
^^ he beat you to it lol, when are you going to throw your LG's in ?
lol Yes i did! LOL It took me about 6 hrs playing around. I dropped the steering rack ,blew the bottom ball joints ,removed the AC compressor and alt to get to the mount bolts and all the APS plumping then just dropped the K member out with the lower control arms.
Ill probably see the turbos this friday!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you got to drop the k member to replace the turbos ? wow, that allot of work, and i though taking out my logger was a bitch
Old 08-04-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To take out the passenger turbo unfortunately. Drivers side can be done kmember in.

Also unfortunate that anyone has to take out their turbos but life sucks and then you die.

At least Barnat,Tomz28 and few other lucky guys should have insane new LG snails in there and hopefully can say goodbye to turbo problems.

Very interesting in seeing some new dyno numbers from various combos with the LG snails. Should be putting out big numbers at not that high boost level.

To tell the truth my car can actually scare me and it sure can scare just about anyone that have given a ride to at only 8psi and the standard turbos on the built 408. Can only imagine what those new snails will be like at 12, 15..or even higher psi. Warp speed or what! I would suggest anyone getting those seriously look into some upgraded brakes.
or maybe a parachute! LOL

These turbo cars are so damn visious. And VISCIOUS IS GOOD!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tomz28's new turbos look insane...almost made me want to go turbo instead lol...almost...

Quick Reply: Ready to install my lg replacement aps turbos!