Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Finding a good shop...ya right.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finding a good shop...ya right.

Just a short rant...
I have been to a couple shops in my area, and contacted others out of my area, but close enough to drive to. All I can say is, I don't know how these clowns stay open. If the business I am in was run anything like that, or my customer service was even a "hint" as bad as them, I would be out of a job.
Sad to say.
When I tell a customer I will call them back or will be at their office at 1pm, well they get a call back and I am there at 12:45, waiting.
Maybe I was raised different...

I am in Pensacola, and please don't say the Vin Diesel shop...
/rant
Old 08-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Banned

Sucks to hear you have had such bad luck. I have used Mike Norris Motorsports a couple times and continue to stick with him because he satisfies all my needs as a customer and enthusiast. Continue to look for reputable shops, there are more than a couple in Florida.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike Norris Motorsports is a good bet.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the kind works cookba and JEB99TA

pcmcobra, sorry to hear about the customer service issues up that way. I was just in Ft Walton Beach this weekend to take care of a couple folks cars as they feel the same way. They are working me hard to come that way on open a shop Until then a lot of folks come my way from that area for sure.

Mike Norris
Old 08-09-2009, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcmcobra
Just a short rant...
I have been to a couple shops in my area, and contacted others out of my area, but close enough to drive to. All I can say is, I don't know how these clowns stay open. If the business I am in was run anything like that, or my customer service was even a "hint" as bad as them, I would be out of a job.
Sad to say.
When I tell a customer I will call them back or will be at their office at 1pm, well they get a call back and I am there at 12:45, waiting.
Maybe I was raised different...

I am in Pensacola, and please don't say the Vin Diesel shop...
/rant
Most of the shops around here have gone down the drain. - Stuff that I have seen, aluminum heads not torqued right, tunes way off, tightening headers no where close to specs. Just shitty work ethic.

Can I ask who you went to in Cantonment. I live around here and would like to stay away from said place.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

rssean,
pm sent
Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

On my trip to FL back home I stopped at a shop around the daytona area, HUGE sponsor here. I was surprised. Have no idea how they work out of such a **** hole. The part I got from them was even screwed up and I ended up shipping it back to get it corrected.
1% work ethic put into it.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im in pcola to sucks not much around letting a local machine shop doing machine work then the 6 hour drive to mike norris in 3 weeks. But hey I want it done right the first time around and the 6k in parts down the drain..

Quick Reply: Finding a good shop...ya right.