Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help with lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with lowering springs

hey guys.. im considering lowering my car a little.. what kind of kit should i buy and how far should i drop er down?? i have Lt's and ory will that scrape after my car is lowerd? and will my tires in front or back rub?? any suggestions?? thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 828ls1formula
hey guys.. im considering lowering my car a little.. what kind of kit should i buy and how far should i drop er down?? i have Lt's and ory will that scrape after my car is lowerd? and will my tires in front or back rub?? any suggestions?? thanks
There are alot of opinions about springs and there are a ton of threads on springs. Do a little search in this forum and u'll turn up a world of information.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 828ls1formula
Hello, our lowering springs have a 1.25" drop with a firmer spring rate so scraping the lt's or tire rub should not be an issue. Our spring rates are 550lb front 160lb rear compared to the stock rates of 300lb front 115 lb rear. Although the spring rates are higher the ride quality will not suffer. We also have a lifetime warranty against spring sag. We have the springs in stock and ready to ship. Here a couple of pics of before and after. If you have any questions please give me a call.
Attached Thumbnails help with lowering springs-stock_ls1_camaro.jpg   help with lowering springs-sp001_ls1_camaro.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Our spring rates are 550lb front 160lb rear compared to the stock rates of 300lb front 115 lb rear. Although the spring rates are higher the ride quality will not suffer.
Not questioning what you're saying here, but how do you do this?