Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

what clutch is this ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what clutch is this ?

i bought this clutch setup from somebody, but he didn't know the spec / stage it had ..

how can i find it, where should the markings be ?

could this be the spec stage 2 ?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

That appears to be our plate...but that disc is wrapped independently and appears to use an OE carrier which is not the way we build or disc. That being said, you seem to have a variant of a stage 2 assembly but I have no way of verifying whether the disc is the appropriate thickness for the plate. Do you know where this kit originated?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Launching!

thank you,

i don't think it is an oe carrier as there are no markings on it (eg flywheelside etc.)

unfortunately i don't know where it originated as the guy i bought it from had no idea it what is was

isn't there a product id that you stamped somewhere on it, to see what spec it exactely is ?

thanks again, jeejee
Old 08-11-2009, 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

There is no product ID stamped on the parts. The carrier used on that disc is not my carrier, whether it is OE or not is relative beyond that. I suppose he could have bought a disc seperately elsewhere...but as long as the disc thickness and plate set-up are compatible then there should be no issue.