Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Manual brakes on DD

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Manual brakes on DD

What do you think about running them on a 100% DD. Im about to do ABS delete and line lock. I was thinking about doing manual brakes while i was at it. I have friends that run they and drive there cars on the street and say they feels alot better. They only drive them on weekends and to the track. They say i will never go back and should do it. what do you think? BTW im running skinnys and fatty's all the time. I also have a BMR k-member im about to do. Trying to take some weight off front of car.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As nobody else posted, I will... Unless your car is somehow dramatically lower in weight than mine (I'm sure it's not) I wouldn't recommend it. I've been looking at eventually doing the abs delete, so please do tell me how that goes, but as far as eliminating pwr brakes it won't take off much weight for one thing. Another it DOES make a big difference. I sometimes shut my car off as I'm rolling down the street to my driveway (flat street). If I pump my brakes a couple times to allow the vacuum in the reservoir to run out I can feel a huge difference. My driveway is uphill, and I almost have to stand on the brakes to keep from hitting the garage. Give it a test run by disconnecting your vacuum line sometime, that's the best thing I can tell you. Just be careful and take it slow... w/one hand on the e-brake just in case, lol.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

That's is not the same as putting a manual master cylinder on a car. That is a power brake booster and master system with no vacuum. Not a manual brake master.

My nova had manual brakes with drums and it stops a million times better then my car with motor off coasting to stop with power breaks.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nova with drums does not stop good at all.... lol. i would just keep the power brakes
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few customers running manual brakes on there cars and I have not had any of them complain when it's done properly. The pedal ratio in the 4th gen is not the greatest so you have to take that into consideration when sizing the master cylinder.

We offer a manual brake kit which can be found here....
Old 08-25-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThoR294
nova with drums does not stop good at all.... lol. i would just keep the power brakes
i know that i was making a point to the guys post above. I was talking about it stopped better then my cars power breaks when car is not running.

Quick Reply: Manual brakes on DD