Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How do you get the driver wiper arm off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you get the driver wiper arm off!!!

I engaged in operation paint firewall scratches (from my mcleod master install )yesterday and was able to remove the passenger side wiper arm using a battery terminal puller (no hood clearance issues on the pass side one). I needed to remove both wiper arms to remove the cowl in order to remove the brake booster. I wasn't able to remove the driverside wiper arm so i cut my cowl in order to remove it with the wiper arm still connected. I did this because i have a replacement cowl that i wanted to install as well. Now when i put the driver side cowl back on i would like to not have to cut a slit in it to slide it around the wiper arm! Anybody have some method that works. They are on there pretty tight!

P.s. Anyone who hasn't removed the cowl in a while should, there was a ton of leaves hiding under there!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

From what I have read it requires the puller like you used. Could you slip the driver half of the new cowl over the wiper arm without having to remove it?
Old 11-25-2003, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Correct, gotta get around it and pull up....

Under no circumstances should you PRY on anything to get it out, otherwise you'll likely break your windshield. I think I saw a tool designed to take them off from a local auro parts store...perhaps it may be a good/cheap investment.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are a PITA if you don't have a puller. I just kept moving it back and forth and tapping with a rubber mallet and it finally came off.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Launching!

The pullers don't work on the driver side because the hood gets in the way. You would need a really tiny puller (like they show in the manual!!!). I checked with gm, they don't sell it. The tech at the dealer said to just wiggle the hell out of it and it will come out eventually...geez thanks. I'll see what i can do. Maybe i can get the driver side cowl on around the arm.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got both mine off, but you just have to work on them. I am like you I thought they would nerver come off.

Quick Reply: How do you get the driver wiper arm off!!!