Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone have heated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone have heated seats?

I was thinking of getting this heated seat kit, http://www.fasttoys.net/9398fbodyintext.html, but wondered if anyone had any experience with them (i.e. installation, how well they work, etc.)
Let me know!
Old 11-25-2003, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have them in my car, I didn't buy them from that store, but the switches on theirs are identical to mine so I think it's the same kit. Installation was very simple, and the quality of the kit is extremely good. It's the closest to oem spec I've ever seen out of any aftermarket product. They work great, and I couldn't drive without them now. Next time in my shop I'll grab the invoice & see where I got mine from, if I remeber correctly, I only paid around $100 for a complete kit for both front seats.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Woah, fill me in if they are 100. I bought the fasttoys ones, they sat in my garage for about 6 months till I found someone to install them (now I could prob install myself) but anyways, they didnt work. Contacted fast toys and they wouldn’t take them back since it had been too long (understandable). So I shipped them off to the company that made them after getting a RTV Number from them. Never got them back, that was close to a year ago
Old 11-26-2003, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.seatcomfort.com/seatheaters.htm

I couldn't find an invoice, but I'm pretty sure this is where I got mine.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

Any have these? They are from a Grand Prix website and I was just wondering how well they work. http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.m...ory_Code=GPINT

richieg - So your seats heat up pretty well? Looking at the site, the heaters seem kinda long, 22" I think? Do they fit under the lower, ribbed portion of the Trans Am seat? Thanks!
Old 11-26-2003, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I really wish I would have taken pics. Each pad is built with pos & neg current running vertical with some sort of flexible heating element running the horizontal (width) of the pad. The way they are built they are designed to be cut length wise to fit whatever seat they are going into. With that in mind they purposely make them larger than just about any seat out there so they never get complaints about the pads being too small. I literally cut half off of each pad to get them in my ta. More specific to ur question, they fit just fine under the ribbed portion of the ta seat.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

I e-mailed them and they quoted me $104/seat for the heaters! Seems a bit different from your $100 for both seats.

Anyway, you are very happy with the heat produced, etc? Seems like a quality product?
Old 11-26-2003, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not surprised the price is higher now. I ordered mine over a year ago. At that time dealers didn't know if they were going to be big sellers or not. I remember the dealer asking me for pics of my setup once it was installed and even asked me to fill out a feedback sheet. Lord knows it only costs about $10 to produce the kit. Oh well, sorry for getting anyones' hopes up.
Either way I am very happy with the product. One thing that was kind of strange was they seemed to have a breakin period. I'm not sure if the pads or temp sensor needed to seat or what. But they took about a week of use before they started working like they do now. As far as quality goes, I was extremely imprssed, as I said earlier, I have never seen an aftermarket product so close to oem build quality.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

How hard was it to install the kit.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:10 AM
TECH Resident

I have a drivers side heated seat w/ the two levels that looks exactly like that one. However, I did not install it, came with the car. I love it personally!

Btw, anyone happen to know were the fuse normally goes? I think I accidently blew it while working on my center console....