Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB 700-R4 1990 K5 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB 700-R4 1990 K5 blazer

ok i have a 1990 K5 blazer that has a tranny that is slipping a little and also lost 4th gear but it comes back every now and then... the truck gets me around and seems like it will keep going but of course it doesnt like wide open throttle and honestly it just needs to be fixed or replaced... i had the fluid changed and the fliud filter changed and it didnt help!!! also this truck is not a daily driver by any means so is throwing a T350 or T400 a good option??? at the same time why in the hell did this somewhat strong tranny act up on me at just over 100,000 miles???

i have never had anything but good results and heard good things from these older GM trannys... of course this blazer could have been used to tow in its days and i bought it out of state so i dont know the history... anyways im looking for some opinions for myself and keep in mind if i had the money to just call GM and order a crate tranny i wouldnt be posting this on a forum so im on a somewhat low budget seeing this is just my fun vehicle and i use it for trail riding and camping!!! thanks, jake
Old 08-30-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anything??
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somewhat strong trainy man there weak, yeah if its not a daily driver th350 or 400 is a good option but is it 4wd in that case you'll have to deal with new driveshafts. just try finding a wrecked one cheap with a th350 or400 that way everything should go smoothly an you still have other parts that can be used
Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i guess i didnt mean they are all that strong, i just dont hear of them going out all that much if they are taken care of is all... thanks for the reply, jake