Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what will this kit do for me

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what will this kit do for me

is this kit worth buying and will i notice any difference in the way the car handles/drives i just dont wanna spend 180 dollars on something that is not gonna do anything.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/UPI-201520-R/
Old 08-31-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't bother with a non-adjustable panhard bar, because if you decide to lower the car, the rear axle will probably go off center, and then you either need, or wish, your panhard bar was the adjustable type.

The same thing with the non-adjustable LCAs. I fabbed up a really neat set of them for my car a couple of years ago, in the "tool room" of the place where I used to work. They work great, except I recently had the car on a brand new Hunter alignment rack, and found the rear axle is a tad skewed in the car. The skew is "within spec", but bothering me now that I know about it. I'm currently awaiting a set of "double adjustable" LCAs for my car, so I can adjust the thrust angle to zero.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97camaross
is this kit worth buying and will i notice any difference in the way the car handles/drives i just dont wanna spend 180 dollars on something that is not gonna do anything.
For the money, and starting with new mods, the best bang your buck will be bigger sway bars. I would go as big as you can in front, 32mm minimum (1LE), 35 if you can, and at least 21mm in the rear. You really can't go too big. Then get a good alignment with as much negative camber your stock control arms will give you, probably about -1 or -1.5 max with factory arms. As much positive camber as possible. The Toe at about zero or maybe 1/16th in for stability and to compensate for when the car is up to speed.
You will be amazed at the difference.
I would buy the bars used if possible, as I did. There is no real reason to buy new unless the used ones are ridiculously old or money is not an issue. Get some Polyurethane Bushings for the frame mounts and same for the end links too. You could get the bars used and new bushings all for about the same price as for what you are talking about spending here.
The Panhard rod will help later with more mods and the lower control arms will help more with launching than handling.
Good Luck.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97camaross
Hello
That is our non adjustable rear suspension kits. They feature a two piece energy suspension grease able urethane bushing. Like mentioned above if you are planing on lowering the vehicle I would highly suggest going with a adjustable pan hard bar! But if the vehicle is a street and you have no intentions on lowering and just want to upgrade the suspension to have a better ride quality, our non adjustable rear suspension kit is the way to go. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad