Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NXL guys any more good results?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXL guys any more good results?

Just seeing if there are anymore good results with this kit yet. I am planning on buying a Noszle kit this week if I don't see any more promising results, so please post up if you have done well with this kit.

Thanx
Old 11-29-2003, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running the NXL....wish I had my MAF kit back.....
Old 11-29-2003, 03:03 AM
Restricted User

I just finished replacing the O-rings, since I tore them up on install, and I found out the filter screens were pretty clogged up with Powdercoating chips from the new bottle. I am hitting the track tomorrow night, and should hopefully have some good results to post up, will make sure to put it in here.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies guys, so far one good one bad lol TTT
Old 12-02-2003, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt

keep it coming!
Old 12-02-2003, 01:22 AM
Restricted User

Well, as winter is getting there for most of you, I imagne race results will have to wait. My kit is being sent back tomorrow to get the solenoids looked at, had a little problem with the fuel side not opening. Any product will have its growing pains! I had some really nice runs with the NXL, and I have to admit, it looks very nice installed. But, to each their own. Once mine comes back I will be bangin away with it, since in Hawaii I get to race year round....bad thing though since theres that much more wear and tear--over 500runs in less than 12 months or something right close to it.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:07 AM
On The Tree

Good Luck with your setup. Is there anyone running a dedicated fuel with this system? I know there have been people saying there is a slight hesitation with the fuel, and i was wondering if it could be solved by a dedicated fuel.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Restricted User

It would be solved with a DFS. Cuz then the fuel wouldnt empty out of the rails. But none to my knowledge yet.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Well hopefully someone try's the Direct Fuel System.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RED01TAWS6
Well hopefully someone try's the Direct Fuel System.
When this accumulator from NX comes out it will fix the problem as well. A lot easier to do also than setting up a whole fuel system.

IMO if you're going to run a dedicated fuel system the NOSzle would be easier to set up that way, the whole point of the NXL is that it's fed off the rails - that's why it has the high flow rails to begin with.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

When is the accumulator coming out? and how much is it? What exactly does it do also? lol

I will probably end up with the Noszle but I'll wait till December 18th to order the NXL or Noszle so somebody post good results
Old 12-02-2003, 01:20 PM
Restricted User

The Accumulator is a pressurized reserve. When you hit the funny button the rail pressure drops, this activates the accumulator which fills the rails back up providing the fuel to sustain the initial hit, then the fuel pump works to fill the rails. All that in a fraction of a second!
Old 12-02-2003, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RED01TAWS6
When is the accumulator coming out? and how much is it? What exactly does it do also? lol

I will probably end up with the Noszle but I'll wait till December 18th to order the NXL or Noszle so somebody post good results
Well, if you check some of the back posts you'll see several of our discussions about this. 93LS1RX7 initially found out about it while talking to some of the people at NX the engineers or what not.

I've been wanting to call NX and ask about this myself but I haven't gotten around to it. So.... don't know how much and when it's coming out. From what I understand the design is completed but it's unsure when it will go into production or if it is already - feel free to call NX and find out! I can't imagine it would be all that expensive.

Basically what the accumulator is (in simple terms), is a small tank that will connect to the back of the fuel rails and during normal operation will fill itself with fuel. When the nitrous is activated and the pressure drops in the fuel rails this accumulator tank will help keep the pressure up in the rails and should hopefully eliminate the bog or hesitation you've been hearing about.

We were however trying to figure out why nobody has reported this problem with the NOSzle kit when being fed off the factory rails. It might possibly be because the factory rails hold far less fuel volume than the NXL rails do.

Anywho, if you're still interested in the NXL I think this accumulator will most likely fix the only real problem this kit has experienced so far.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quite obviously NX didn't do their homework on the NXL system. A person shouldn't have to wait for additional parts, and have to pay for them, to have a system that works properly.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gold Z
Quite obviously NX didn't do their homework on the NXL system. A person shouldn't have to wait for additional parts, and have to pay for them, to have a system that works properly.
Well, I'm not going to argue that point with you because I am one of the ones that has the NXL kit as well. I do agree that this device should have come packaged with the kit, but perhaps because there are many NXL kits for different types of cars that in some of the other instances it isn't needed.

Gold Z, not sure if you read some of the stuff on the other posts, but apparently because of this hesitation issue it causes the dyno to read the N2O shot lower than it really is. That is what NX told LS1RX7 anyway.... if you hadn't heard that already, I thought you may find that interesting since I believe you were the one that said you lost power with the NXL on the dyno.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Restricted User

RED01TAWS6- heres a simple exercise to try, and you can do this anytime you need to pick one product over another. Call up NX and tell them you are experiencing "XXXX" problem with WTFE kit. Then call NOS, and tell them the same thing. Compare the two responses. I did. Interesting enough too. My friend has a NOS Noszle and is now selling it, she wants, and got an NXL kit. Anyway, I considered her Nozzle kit, then heard of not so great customer service and tried the "help line" 4 techs and 52min later I was told I was SOL on solenoids not working. Called NX after hearing they had warranty for theirs, and got good answers. Currently I am kicking myself for jinxing myself, I now have two bad fuel solenoids, or so I believe, and true to their word, NX said ship em and we'll fix them.
This works well when you are tossing up between two or more quality pieces. I do favor NX, but customer service is what sells me over just a name all else being equal.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

I have sent East side performance emails and called them, and they seemed to be more than helpful with the Noszle kit info, and seem to have a hell of a lot of good results across this board. I really looked into the NXL because not only is it cheaper, but its a lot cleaner. I'm not sure if any company has good customer service didn't a lot of the NXL kits have missing parts for starters?
Old 12-03-2003, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have always had excellent support from NX. Their products are high quality and very well designed. Their MAF kit is the best wet kit in the industry. I realize they have many new products and applications to develope but I really wish they had spent just a little more time getting the bugs out of the NXL system.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

What is the difference between the Maf kit and the wet kit?

I'm almost 100% sure I'm going with the NOSZLE kit w/ a dedicated fuel setup. I think that should hold good for a mostly 175-200 shot.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I've been reading and the experience I have in Nitrous.A DP is only worth it if you go over a 150 shot.I've dealt with many TNT kit's and get great results and longivity.
My car 2 years ago went from 320hp to 460hp with a TNT 100 shot and A/F 12-1.
My friends Cartek X package car running a TNT 75 shot went from 11.3 at 118mph to 10.6 at 125mph with a soft controller launch and has run through 8 bottles.(stock shortblock)
Another friend has run a 150 TNT shot on his 00 Z28 A4 for over 25 bottles and never a problem.Dyno 315 stock 520hp 150 shot.

I'm in no way a TNT freek,just ussing what works.Would love to see better results from this NXL kit to get one of my own,but not until I see a reliable kit and good results.