Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are the dangers or problems with overfilling a bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 03:57 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default what are the dangers or problems with overfilling a bottle?

i got my own cylinder so i can save a few $$. it is a 65lb cylinder and so far i have pulled 35lb out of it effortlessly by just freezing the little bottle and warming the large bottle. i have a heating pad on the large bottle, even leaving that on there in my cold garage i only see about 800psi

my question, the nx bottles are 15lb empty and 25 full, i had it down to about 20lb's i figure i would top it off, by using the method above i got it up to 28lb's or 13lb's of nitrous in a 10lb bottle. is this dangerous? should i stop it at 25?

i am anxious to see how much of that 65lbs i can get out without a pump by just freezing the little bottle. so far it is awsume having my own set up.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have filled them up more than 10 pounds before. main problem is keeping the pressure up. usually it drops rapidly with more than 10 pounds. the best way to fill the bottle is to have it freezing cold and to siphon the nitrous in there fromt he other bottle without using a pump. tha way u can get almost 100% pure liquid nitrous
Old 11-29-2003, 05:51 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

so what your saying is the first time i use it the presure will drop alot and take longer to build back up? or it will just be hard to get it up to presure in the first place?
Old 11-29-2003, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's actually easier to get the pressure up when the bottle is overfilled. But the problem is how much pressure you lose when you actually run it through the motor the first couple passes.

Jeffrey
Old 11-30-2003, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shop I go to will fill mine to 11 or 12 pounds but he wont go over that. Its nice having that initial higher pressure. Ya do have to wonder how many extra pounds it will take to pop that bottle and send all your limbs flying. Of course we do have those pressure relief dealys. I dont wanna be around when one of those pops either though.