Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

sneak peak at my next mod..custom ZR1 cente rcaps.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default sneak peak at my next mod..custom ZR1 center caps. updated w/ pics

I just got these pics emailed to me showing me my center cap decals. They should be here tomorrow or friday hopefully. I've been waiting about a year to get these done. enjoy

and here's the center cap they are going on.

I wish i could figure out a way to remove the old caps without having to jack the car up and remove the wheels.

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 09-25-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typo in title
Old 09-23-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are going to be awesome!! You know whats coming. Where how much etc you should just tell it all right now or take orders make a small profit. Umm, i dont mean for you to do this, but with all my cars i just take scotch tape and tape the head of a phillips and i can pry my center caps loose. But i have never had OEM wheels either.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ah, i remember seeing your thread about trying to find some of these. Glad it worked out for you. Those are gonna look good. Just don't forget the pics of after the install
Old 09-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Those are going to look great. Nice attention to detail.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think its a great idea? are you planning on implementing more gold accents to your car to tie it together? i think it could look really well, if done right of course!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome! I'm glad you got it figured out!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the responses guys. here's the background on this and why it took so long. first of all it was $65 shipped for them which was a bit more than i expected to pay but i wanted them done and i waited long enough, lol. i've had those center caps in my console since summer 2008.

http://www.thirdshiftstudios.com/ is the company that did them.

now for the background story on why it took so long.

a friend of mine was supposed to make them for me in june 2008 after i bailed his car out of impound in chicago. he stiffed me on $100 and the stickers. he worked for a vinyl place and was going to make them. the $100 was what he owed me of the $175 i spent to get his car out. he was supposed to give me $200 and the stickers (the $25 was for gas to go get his car, 100 miles round trip). he left me $100 in the car i had unlocked in the driveway for him and never gave me the rest, or the stickers he claimed he made. i'm pretty sure he never made them.

then after he stiffed me and dissappeared, i contacted another guy about getting them done. the same guy who did the bird logo caps that are on there now. well his printer was broken and i waited for over a year for him to get it fixed and he never did. finally i met someone a month ago at the T/A nationals who could do them for $65 which is a lot more than i was originally gonna pay (second guy quoted me $20-$25) but at least they finally got done. his printer broke as well this week and i was supposed to get them last week but he just got them finished today and sent me that picture as well as the tracking number for the mail. The reason i think that i had so much trouble getting them done was because i wanted the bubble sticker like the original C4 sticker had and only certain people have the ability to print with those 3d bubbles.

as for other gold accents, here is my tail light center panel. for now this and the center caps are the only gold accents.

oh and not to toot my own horn but that design is one i came up with myself. after getting the caps and realizing i had to use a sticker in the same shape as the corvette flags i scanned in one of the decals i was given with the caps and then blacked out the whole thing and found the T/A font and bird logo online and resized them and pasted them onto the picture i scanned of the center cap decal. then i changed the color to gold. here is what the one i made looked like.

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 09-23-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Thats gonna look good, cant wait to see the finished product.

Quick Reply: sneak peak at my next mod..custom ZR1 cente rcaps.