Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Camaro Front Drive Accessory Conversion for 5.3L L33

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Camaro Front Drive Accessory Conversion for 5.3L L33

After many searches, I cannot find information on this.

I have a 2006 L33 out of a Silverado 4x4 that I need to convert the front accessory drive kit (to f-body) for clearance in my project.

Everything I've read and tried thus far says that the L33 is basically an LS1 with slightly smaller pistons and head/cam for more torque (truck). What is needed for this conversion?

Does the harmonic balancer right off a LS1 camaro fit the crank snout? Any other "gotchas" ?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

To make that 5.3 to fit you will need the F Body A/C Bracket, LS1 Water Pump, Alt Braket(Might require to drill and tap) and Powersteering bracket. That's if you want to have the setup off a f body... Trucks have different brackets, pumps and intakes.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

just got done doing f-body accesory swap on my L33, it was painless, swapped crank pulley, powersteering pump and bracket, alternator pump and bracket, and bought the ac pump and bracket just in case later on down the road I want A/C, and while you have the crank pulley off swap the cam, if this is going in a car which it sounds like it is, even a used ls1 cam is an upgrade, better yet a used Ls6 cam, or go ***** to the walls TR224 112lsa sounds awesome and can yield 400 hp easy with supporting Ls6 intake! by the way great engine choice!
Old 02-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Hey i figured i would revive this old thread since yall've already done it and people always bitch about starting a new thread.
Dropping an L33 into a Scion FRS.
Converting it to LS1 front drive because the motors is quite a bit longer than a boxer motor.
Im going to be using a ls1 meziere electric water pump, ATI 25% Super damper underdrive crank pulley, and for the rest...
I need a power steering delete pulley (if you know of any), since its electric steering.
So do i just need the relocation bracket and reuse the l33 ac pump and alternator or do i need ls1 accessories?
(Motor: LS6 intake, tb, fuel rails, injectors, ls9 cam, ls3 springs, etc...)
More or less just building the motor and front drive and waiting for the Vorshlag ls swap kit.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Also not trying to start a new thread but looking for good info. The engine doesn't have any keyway so is any clocking ok when installing the ls1 crank pulley? Or am I missing some marks? Does the ls1 or ls6 cam require valvetrain swap as well?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no clocking. Keys are only needed for superchargers. An LS1/LS6 cam should be fine with the L33 springs.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Exidous
There is no clocking. Keys are only needed for superchargers. An LS1/LS6 cam should be fine with the L33 springs.
Thank you!

Quick Reply: LS1 Camaro Front Drive Accessory Conversion for 5.3L L33