Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve springs and retainers for stock LS6 - road race

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Valve springs and retainers for stock LS6 - road race

About the only thing we can change (internal engine) in the class I run with are springs and retainers. Anything goes here. I am running a bonestock 01 (lower lift cam) LS6. I am considering some Ti retainers and looking for a good spring to run, something that will allow some safe operation above the stock 6,600 rpm limit from time to time (I'm aware of stock rod bolt issues at high rpm, this is not sustained, but occasional higher than normal rpm operation simply to kill the need to grab a gear before a corner only to downshift right after). I know i'm not making more power and tq is falling off, but at the end of the day it's still faster than lifting to shift and then downshifting again.

I have run beehive 918's in the past on another motor, and had no problems with them to occasional 7k. Any recommendations for a good spring and Ti retainers? double springs worth it?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PAC 1518 springs are considered super 918s. My engine routinely spins beyond 7000 rpm. Beehives work great with small to medium cams. No need for duals. Ti retainers save 4 grams.