Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Parking brake

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking brake

When I pull the brake it goes all the way up it is really useless if I am on a hill. I just got some new brake pads and was wondering how and where I adjust the parking brake. thanks
Old 10-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Did you replace the rotors, also? They parking brakes need to be adjusted to the inside bore of the rotors.

The bad news... is that you have to take the calipers and rotors completely off of both rear wheels in order to get the mechanisms. (Each side is adjusted independently.) This thread has instructions: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ightening.html
Old 10-04-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great. I recently did a full brake replacement (rotors/pads) and have sort of noticed that my E-Brake has to practically be ALL the way up to stop me when on any kind of incline. I always leave the car in gear though when parked, so I don't have to worry too much, but I don't like the idea of having to YANK the brake up every time. Normally on flat ground I don't have to have it all the way up. I was hoping it'd be a few nuts/bolts that needed to be tightened. Sounds like a real PITA to do.
Thanks for the info though!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for the help

Quick Reply: Parking brake