Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Car leans out taking off from a stop ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car leans out taking off from a stop ???

I noticed a week ago that when taking off from a stop, there is a pretty big hesitation (need to give it a lot more gas then usual to get rolling) and the AFR gauge goes to 17+AFR ...probably past that since the AEM AFR gauge goes blank and shows - - on the gauge until I'm rolling and regains the signal. Once the car is moving it feels fine. Fuel pressure looks good around 55psi @ idle.

I'm really not sure where to start looking to try and figure out what's causing this issue. The car is a forged 347/F1C procharged C5 making 18-20psi (depending on weather) 100% Alky. A4 (fully built) with a Yank SS3600 stall. the car is MAF tuned.

TIA
Old 10-04-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did it just start doing this? I assume it's getting colder where you are? Any codes? Id start with scanning the car and making sure everything looks right there.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it just started doing this a little over a week ago. I'm not sure that the cooler weather is a factor because we had a few warmer days and still the same issue. I'm going to scan the car this week when I get some free time.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedC5
Yeah, it just started doing this a little over a week ago. I'm not sure that the cooler weather is a factor because we had a few warmer days and still the same issue. I'm going to scan the car this week when I get some free time.
That would be best..could be a number of sensor's causing the problem. Assuming the car is closed loop it could very easily be a bad 02.