Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Moser 9 inch + 18x11 rims

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Moser 9 inch + 18x11 rims

I know that they say the largest tire you can get on a 2002 Camaro is a 18x10 on the back without having to use the BFH or roll the lip. My question is, seeing how Im going to order it anyway, will the different width on the Moser 9 inch rear end help fit a 18x11 CCW SP550 rim? There are options that allow you to make the width of the rear shorter in 1/2" increments on each side. Wouldnt know if that would help the offset so the rim and tire would fit and not cause any issues. Or am I barking up the wrong tree with the fitment? Car is stock on springs and Koni 4/4 for the shocks.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwright41
I know that they say the largest tire you can get on a 2002 Camaro is a 18x10 on the back without having to use the BFH or roll the lip. My question is, seeing how Im going to order it anyway, will the different width on the Moser 9 inch rear end help fit a 18x11 CCW SP550 rim? There are options that allow you to make the width of the rear shorter in 1/2" increments on each side. Wouldnt know if that would help the offset so the rim and tire would fit and not cause any issues. Or am I barking up the wrong tree with the fitment? Car is stock on springs and Koni 4/4 for the shocks.
It would not help fit the wheel any, as far as inside clearance goes. You could mess with backspace, and push the wheel out further to clear, but having a narrowed rear end has nothing to do with that. You could do that with the stock length rear. The only thing a narrowed rear is going to do, is change the location of the wheel face, IE the backspace. You will beable to have a deeper dish, but the wheel size isn't going to matter.

This picture kind of shows that. 18x10 with 7" backspace for stock length rear, vs 18x10 with 5" backspace with a narrowed rear. The only thing changing is the mounting point of the wheel. The narrowed rear isn't going to open up any more room in your wheel well, to allow for the rim to tuck under more.

Quick Reply: Moser 9 inch + 18x11 rims