Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 SLP MAF on 04 goat

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 00 SLP MAF on 04 goat

Will the 85mm Maf off my 00 z28 work on my 04 gto? I know I need to retune, but I couldnt remember if they would interchange..I may be thinking pre 00 won't.

thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 08:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why would you want to swap one Delphi 85mm for
another one that happens to be hack-jobbed for a
Camaro?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Why would you want to swap one Delphi 85mm for
another one that happens to be hack-jobbed for a
Camaro?
Did the car come originally with an 85 MAF? Idiots had the car before me, things were missing, it had a PVC "cold air" with a 78mm maf out of a 2001 trans am on it. I had the SLP MAF laying around after I went psudo SD on my race car.
I'm having problems with the car. I don't see what else would be wrong, it runs great, it just idles VERY lean, no matter what I do to the tune. Ive tried different intake manifolds(stuck ls6 back on in case FAST was cracked), MAP sensors, Tunes, gaskets, o2's, etc. I was screwing with it earlier and I unplugged the MAF with it running and it idled in the mid 13s A/F. But it won't start up and run with it unplugged, only if you start and then un plug it. It also has a lean spike while shifting. I'm wondering if ive been chasing big problems when it was just the MAF sensor. car does not lack power at all, i've tuned around the idle problem, it makes 410RWHP with stock squirters.

Car has a MS3 cam, and idles great, its just extremely lean on my wideband.