Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Filler Panel decals

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filler Panel decals

so i'm looking into re-doing the filler panel on my T/A (both the "Trans Am" lettering, and the "Screamin' Chicken" logo), and noticed that the Screamin' Chicken logo in the rear is different than the one on the license plate cover in the front. apparently, only Firebirds have the true 4th gen. screaming chicken.

now personally, i like the 4th gen one much better. i would go ahead and just order that decal if it weren't for the slightly raised outlines on the filler panel. does anyone here know if applying a different decal over that version of the S.C. will affect adhesion (will it bubble, or have trouble sticking)?

i've never dealt with decals like this before either. i know the ones on the door badges are notorious for peeling after a few washes. is this likely to happen with the filler panel too?

also, if i go through with this, i was looking at getting them from afterthoughtsauto. is there someone else i should consider that sells better products?

anything y'all come up with would be MUCH appreciated. thanks, all. peace.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if that was a bit difficult to understand, i apologize. from what i've seen, Trans Ams have their own older version of the Screamin' Chicken. the ones with 4th gen logos are Firebirds, Formulas, and both the 30th and CE T/As.

for an example of what i'm going for, the filler panel on the 30ths is EXACTLY what i'm trying to accomplish.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

go to ws6store and see if they have one you want
Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If yer gonna change the bird decal, then you'll hafta wet-sand & polish the center section first, to get rid of the old one.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yea to get rid of that raised edge just wet sand the whole panel polish it and then use a degreaser before you apply the decal or it don't stick because of the waxy compound on the piece