Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Few FI questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Few FI questions

i am lookin into goin turbo single T70 or T76 with .96 xhaust side. the short block is stock, for heads have a set of ported heads 72cc chambers with 2.065/1.55 valves.

1st question what would be the compression ratio?
2nd question is how do u decide what size wastegate and BOV is needed?
3rd question what injectors r to b used and can u use the factory fuel rails? will upgrade later of course.
on the second question i have got few different answers. what is the optimal setup? thanks

Last edited by JASON 77; 11-02-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

calculator for the CR
http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html

id get a 38mm or larger WG and any good brand BOV
Old 11-02-2009, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

no one else?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would op for a intercooler as well. No ebay crap for the waste gate or bov. I would go with the 60# and adual intank walbro set up, U can diy on the sticky in the fuel area. the stock rails would be fine up to I belive 700+. What kind of power do u want and what is the car mainly for. With the heads and a 04 zo6 cam dual valve springs and ls7 lifters, keep it around 8-10 psi u should see 500+ to the wheels. Oh and what kit?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would keep things around 10psi max 8 might be even better idea on stock hypercrap pistons.
Single walbro intank should be fine,60 pounders fine...stock lines and reg would be ok.
Much past 500rwhp would look into twin pumps and bigger lines and adjustable reg will give you more room to grow later. My setup from lonnies is good to 1000rwhp. Twin intank,adjustable reg, 8 feed and 6 return.hobbs switch on second pump.
Brand name gates...tial and turbosmart are two of the big names in gates. Hearing ok things on jgs but no personal experience other than one local guy was running them and they seemed to do fine. Car has been sold now.Still tial and turbosmart have been around forever.

Think you can get buy with a 38 gate but also depends on your gate setup if you use vband or not. I have two 38 tials on my twin setup.Blow offs again like tial or turbosmart.
Tial only makes one model and size blow off and turbosmart makes a few different models.I run two turbosmart supersonic vented to atmosphere on my build. No complaints or problems with either my gates or blow offs.Quality stuff and watch out there are knock offs out there! buy from reputable sources. Especially important on gates. Very important for gate to do its job .On stock block you have no margin for error.
I have seen many blown up stock pistons. I could post pics but too lazy right now.
be conservative unless you have money to afford rebuild maybe sooner than you want.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

any more input? good info, thanks