Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help on deciding nitrous setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on deciding nitrous setup

my list of mods are in my sig,plan on going with diamond pistons,callies rods,stock crank,all arp hardware....should i run direct port with a vic jr. with sheet metal elbow? stay with the fast intake?,2 stage,single stage,what size shot....i want to keep it reliable and able for everyday use without blowing up...not going to be a drag car...mostly for my own enjoyment...not to impress anybody...any help would be much appreciated, thanks

i am also worried about backfires...i have seen nitrous backfires destroy a whole car...how likely is this?and why does it happen?

Last edited by 1slowM6; 11-11-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added a question
Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say it all kinda depends on how much you want to spray...

if you can, i dont see any reason not to go with a direct port, but unless youre well over a 200 shot it wouldnt really be necessary, just a little safer and they look cool!!! haha

tell us exactly what youre wanting to do and itll be alot easier to make suggestions on what setup to run.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my honest opinion, my car has been a royal pain in my *** since I switched over to a single plane. I love the power it makes, but between the cutting, and throttle body I use, my car became alot less streetable.

Also factor in cam selection when deciding wether or not to swap intakes.

You can make plenty of power with the FAST, but I wouldn't recommend spraying more than 200 through the front of it. Another idea would be to do a direct port on the 90. Also look into plates. I used the HSW plate before I switched over to a single plane, and that thing hits like a freight train.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mitch cobb racing
id say it all kinda depends on how much you want to spray...

if you can, i dont see any reason not to go with a direct port, but unless youre well over a 200 shot it wouldnt really be necessary, just a little safer and they look cool!!! haha

tell us exactly what youre wanting to do and itll be alot easier to make suggestions on what setup to run.

well i would like to do a safe 150 shot all the time and the occasional 250 shot...i don't want to have a backfire and destroy my intake and waste all that money...i would rather give it to a friend that could use it
Old 11-07-2009, 07:24 AM
FormerVendor

the vic jr is a nice option as it wont shatter into a million pieces in the event that happened. As for everything else, it will effect driveability and your overall power as well. you will lose low end toque and potential some high end horsepower. I know on my setup we lost down low but came out even up top compared to a ported fast 90. As long as you have a good tune in there, it really doesnt hurt daily driving at all. I noticed very little difference when i switched.

For your particular case i would stay with the fast 90 and run our plate on it. It will fill your needs with what you are looking to spray.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Cold Fusion Fogger with there stand alone kit....Hands down the best stuff on the market and makes stupid power. My car on a 28N/24F tune-up @ 6psi made 724rwhp 903rwtq..made 468rwhp on motor....

My opinion, and take it as a grain of salt, I would stick with a fogger. If you plan to spray a 250hp on it I would deff. go Direct Port. Yes, it may be alot more to change jets. But it will make more power, safer than a plate..Been there, tested that...Dont care what anybody says. Good luck with whatever route you go with...
Old 11-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by 1slowM6
my list of mods are in my sig,plan on going with diamond pistons,callies rods,stock crank,all arp hardware....should i run direct port with a vic jr. with sheet metal elbow? stay with the fast intake?,2 stage,single stage,what size shot....i want to keep it reliable and able for everyday use without blowing up...not going to be a drag car...mostly for my own enjoyment...not to impress anybody...any help would be much appreciated, thanks
Being that you already have the ported fast i'd stick with that and do one of our plates. Not only could you spray the 150hp shot without a problem but when you wanted to go to the 250hp hit you could do so with ease. My preference would be to do a single stage paired with a progressive controller.

Here are some vids of customers hitting 200hp with our plate with no problems what so ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17kW...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbvLM...layer_embedded

We even got the LT1's covered for 200+ with a plate also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VQkr...layer_embedded
Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

i am also worried about backfires...nitrous backfires destroy whole cars sometimes...how likely is this?and why does it happen?thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slowM6
i am also worried about backfires...nitrous backfires destroy whole cars sometimes...how likely is this?and why does it happen?thanks

if you go with a fogger you have alot less chance of a nitrous backfire...